Our Daughter had IVIG with Dr K about 3 weeks ago

and things seem to be going good...

but my question to everyone is when do we start to let

her play with the other kids and start to get back involved

with things?

She has just got over h1n1 and that happened on our way home

from Chicago,we think??

anyway, she is on the antiobotics but we are just a little scared to let go

Dr K said she was good to go after the IVIG but....

I am thinking the 8 week mark?

We know we need to just let her go and be a kid

anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tracie&Doug

Doug,

Just this month, our son was exposed to strep on Feb 3rd (pink eye), Feb 8th (strep throat), Feb 26th (pink eye), March 1st (pink eye).... all from the school environment. It is truly child dependent on how they will respond to these exposures post IVIG. BUT each time we have pulled our son from school temporarily to protect him just to be safe. There is a lot of strep out there and I'd rather be safe than have him suffer needlessly.

Its definitely been a balancing act with wanting our life back to normal and his recovery. AND, we did need to retreat previously with IVIG at 8 weeks post his first treatment because he was exposed to strep at week 6 and week 8 and he wasn't strong enough at that point to recover on his own.

Hope that 'kinda' helps.

Hello everyone,

with things?

from Chicago,we think??

Thanks,

Tracie&Doug

My son went back the day after IVIG. We are now 7 weeks out and will do the next one next week over Spring Break. He will go back the next week. I inow other parents have done differently but we are trying to keep him as "normal" as possible. He is on abx and I feel I can protect him somewhat from strep but he also flares with viruses too and I can not have him live in a bubble. I am in the hospital working and probably bring stuff home too. I switch tooth brushes each month and wash hands a lot. And pray.

Hello everyone,

with things?

from Chicago,we think??

Thanks,

Tracie&Doug

Hi there - I think that every parent has their own gut feeling when it is good to let go...after IVIG I tried not to watch - virtually hawked on him daily...tried the best to smile and act happy ...there was a distinct moment - I have written about before...my husband and I would follow him (at the time he was 7) - he wanted to go outside and play...he sat at the bottom of our entry room steps and was lacing his shoes...we sat on the floor (both of us) - watching him...he wanted to go outside and play with his friends...when he finished lacing his shoes...he looked up at both Tim and I and had a huge smile on his face and a glint in his eyes and said "I'm ready"...the look we all know...the saddness in his eyes the worry was gone...he was back - Tim and I immediatly looked at each other and cried.

Hi there - I think that every parent has their own gut feeling when it is good to let go...after IVIG I tried not to watch - virtually hawked on him daily...tried the best to smile and act happy ...there was a distinct moment - I have written about before...my husband and I would follow him (at the time he was 7) - he wanted to go outside and play...he sat at the bottom of our entry room steps and was lacing his shoes...we sat on the floor (both of us) - watching him...he wanted to go outside and play with his friends...when he finished lacing his shoes...he looked up at both Tim and I and had a huge smile on his face and a glint in his eyes and said "I'm ready"...the look we all know...the saddness in his eyes the worry was gone...he was back - Tim and I immediatly looked at each other and cried.

Aw, your post made me get teary eyed! Thanks for sharing! I remember an almost identical moment - my husband took a picture, and it always take me back to that second. She wandered outside one Saturday morning, hopped on her bike in her jammies, and just took off down the street, happy as a clam, not a worry in sight. We just sat on the porch and watched her ride back and forth. It was such a joyous sight.