ACN Latitudes Forums

Obession that won't stop

I am a male 18 and was told that I possible have OCD or some form of it. I really need some support in this specific event because I can't seem to shake it. I have a baby boy cousin who is extremely cute. I love pinching his cheeks and just playing with him, but lately I have been having these disturbing thoughts that because I am doing that, I am getting aroused by him and will molest him. Logically I WOULD NEVER DO THAT, but my mind keeps on replaying it and I don't knoe why or what I should do. Am I really a molester? Or am I crazy? If you could offer any advice or just words of understanding that youve been there would be appreciated, and thanks.

Hi

the fact that these thoughts are disturbing you is a good sign as it means you know it is wrong. Thoughts come and go and we all have shocking ones sometimes...it is what we DO with those thoughts that matter

you may want to read a past thread here where other people speak of unwanted sexual thoughts

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=758

In the meantime I would think it would be wise to not spend time alone with this little child. You know you dont want to act on the thoughts you have been having, but it would be foolish to put yourself and the child in any danger!

If you arent able to bring this under control yourself, it may benefit you to find a therapist who can help you work thru why you are having these reactions

Are you on any treatment for the OCD? If not, consider Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

hope that helps a bit