ACN Latitudes Forums

my tics are decreasing!

B_N123

:)

im soo happy!! and its down to you guys!!

well i came on here for advice

i was told i shud try B complex and i did...but i didnt notice anything

every1 stressed i should try Omega 3 fish oils!

and its great!

i used 10mg everyday.

and now thers times wher i can go a few hours without twitching once

my mum has noticed and others hav 2

sometimes wen i went to the gym i used to twitch alot and yesterday i went for the 1st time wen i tried fish oil and i didnt twitch once thruout!!

i still do. especially at work.

i also tried a healing technique, so it may also be this. whichever it is, im very grateful its showed a good effect :(

That is Great news BN123!! Always glad to hear when people find ways to reduce their tics.

I tried fish oil for a while, but it had the opposite effect on me - it actually increased my tics. Others told me that they had had the same experience; however, for others, the fish oil has been very helpful. It just depends on who you are. Different people respond differently to the same things.

Jeff

im 19 years old

only problem is they increase when im stressed and when im tired.

im working now, so im out 12 hrs a day

i wake up 6.30am n on the train im twitching!!

sumtimes i stare bk at people bcoz i get angry...y r they staring

society isnt nice sometimes!!

the fish oil has been the best treatment for me so far though

i think different things work for diffrent people

ive herd zinc and magnesium? are also good

i may try that...hopefully that will help me when im at work

only prob is...fish oil takes disgusting!!! :)

yep! stress and exhaustion are the biggest tic triggers I know of! :)

It is good to add magnesium, zinc AND calcium. Try to balance the calcium and magnesium in a 2:1 ratio....eg 1000mg cal and 500mg mag plus say 50mg zinc.

Bonnie Grimaldi's research has shown that magnesium is the single most important supplement needed for TS tics to reduce. However, it works best when taken with the balance of the other important ones, like the vit Bs and the omega fatty acids, and definitely should be balanced with calcium and zinc.

http://www.bonniegr.com

:) You could always take the fishoil in capsule form instead of the plain oil!

Some folks find it good to take a blend of fishoil, flaxseed oil and Borage oil, with evening primrose.....others do great on just the fishoil.

Taking the daily supps is real easy for us....my son takes some in the morning with breakfast and others in the evening with dinner. By taking combo supps and a good multi, it cuts down on the number of pills that he has to swallow.

Did you take a look at the thread where I list what he takes that has really brought his tics way down in frequency and intensity?

Although it isnt necessary to take quite as many supps as he does (he takes some for his OCD and ADD too) still, the multi, magnesium combo and EFA supps are very important, as is increased vit B (he gets his B from the multi plus the Royal Jelly as he reacts badly to a BComplex supp)

here is the link again

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...p?showtopic=687

Guest Another Mom

I recently tried fish oil for my little one's facial tic disorder and it appeared to make it worse. Our doctor also recommended we try an zinc supplement and that appears to be helping.

Another mom,

You might consider testing for pyroluria. For kids with pyroluria, Fish oil can often make symptoms worse, and zinc definitely helps. So does B6 (helps). More info on this is on this board. There is a $40 urine test they mail to your home that doesn't require a doctor signature.

Claire