ACN Latitudes Forums

Biaxin updates?

Well, we got the test results back yesterday, are now officially part of the growing positive Myco Plasma IgG group (negative IgM). I wanted to ask if anyone who has tested pos. for MycoP igG and has their child taking Biaxin - how are they doing? The only updates I've seen so far is 2-3 days in. So if your child has been on it longer and you could share, I would so love to hear any changes you've experienced. I'm also wondering - is there anyone out there who has been tested for Myco P and it has come back with negative/normal IgG???

We tested negative. .01 Igg and .07 IgM. I was really surprised. After talking with Dr. T and discussing how much worse DS gets when he is sick, he still felt like a trial of Biaxin was in order so we start tomorrow. I will have to tell DS about the cough. I hope his tummy can take it. He's done well both on Omnicef and Augmentin, but after being on a month of abx, I'm worried it will affect it. I've got him taking a high dose probiotic twice a day, hope that's helping. He really likes kefir, so I will keep giving him that as well.

I'm hoping for quick results as well. This week has had me in tears far too many times.

simplygina,

anything interesting since starting the biaxin? know its only been a couple days, but curious. we are also negative on myco igm......you did not have anything remarkable on the other type abx before this?

thanks

Faith

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the support. I managed to take one epsom salt bath. I'll run the probiotics at 4am by my mom but the only issue is that I typically dont fall asleep till past 6:30 in the morning.

Excellent job on the epsom salt bath! Count that as a score for you. Wow, you're up all night? If sleep is a big issue right now, maybe there is a better time for the probiotics. I was thinking about you today and wondered, since the probiotics have been tough on you in the past that maybe even starting with a very small child or baby's dose. Any is better than none and you can work up from there as your body gets accustomed to it. Keep up the good work!

simplygina,

anything interesting since starting the biaxin? know its only been a couple days, but curious. we are also negative on myco igm......you did not have anything remarkable on the other type abx before this?

thanks

Faith

Actually I'm pretty amazed at the progress. His sinuses cleared up in 24 hours. He had 1 day where he felt sick to his stomach and had a headache but was fine after food and an epsom salt bath and some ibuprofen. Yesterday he was evening things up quite a bit but today I haven't noticed anything at all. The biggest change (or happiest change for me) is how much his emotions have improved. He is just rolling with things and playing and not stuck on anything at all. So completely different from last week. And his appetite is vastly improved. Might just be clearing the sinuses, but he is eating things he wouldn't even touch before, like potatoes, so whatever it is I'm glad. Is it the Biaxin? It certainly seems like it. It's always better when Spring gets here though. I thought it was a seratonin issue because of that but Zoloft did nothing. He told me he still has some things going on but they aren't like they were last week. His sleep has been a bit erratic and he was really hyper all weekend but seems better today. In fact, today would have to be considered the best day in I can't remember how long. He was just really pleasant.

The only scary thing was he had a strange green stringy bowel movement. I didn't see it but I told him he needs to get me if it happens again. The doctor said to let him know if it actually becomes diarrhea but so far he's OK there.

With the Augmentin I did notice an improvement but he still ended up with an ear infection and a sinus infection. The Omnicef cleared the ear but not the sinuses and his moods, tics and ocd were as bad as they've ever been. I'm guessing we were dealing with something that neither one of the other abx was touching. I guess the next question is what do we do after we finish up the 10 day course. We are going to do the Cunningham test as soon as I can afford it. Phrophylactic abx seems like a good idea at this point, but I'm still leary I guess. Considering some natural antibacterial/virals like oregano oil and olive leaf. He's already taking a bajillion supps, may as well add two more :) Just feeling our way thru this really.

Hope your son is doing well!