ACN Latitudes Forums

Allergy meds?

Ds is showing some symptoms of seasonal allergies that are starting earlier this year than last. I think it's b/c we've had a lot of rain and stuff is blooming early. I can give him benadryl at night but I need some suggestions for daytime use. I've never given him anything for allergies on a regular basis and we've done NEAT before and I may try it again this spring. I just need something in the interim. I'm going to go back to trying quercetin and some local honey to see if it helps eventually. Also, if anyone has any suggestions that are more of a natural path, I'd love suggestions. Our big problem is that his eye tics get really into gear as they react to the tearing up and the nose running, etc. and that gets to really bothering him. Otherwise, he's not been ticcing much which again tells me that his tics are definitely exacerbated by allergies.

No Patti,

We've tried and quite frankly, I don't blame him b/c I have issues trying to use those things, too. I never seem to get the hang of it so it's hard for me to get him to do it as he sees me gag and struggle with it myself, LOL! We use the Simply Saline nasal spray for him and the quercetin spray. He has a prescription for Flonase but I haven't used it yet for him.

Bonnie

We seem to have the same problem here too! He tics way more during allergy season and spring is coming. His allergies also correlate with him ticcing. Fall seems be alot worse. That is why I am looking into allergy shots or something. I know some do not recommend them so it scares me to try them. I tryed giving him Claritan at night right before bed and it would help him with the sneezing but did nothing for the congestion. Benedryl makes him real drowsy so can't do that in the daytime. Did NAET work for your son?

Mar

Honestly, Mar, I don't know if the NAET worked. He was mostly treated for sensitivities to foods, food colorings, vaccinations, etc. Not to seasonal pollens or molds.

Well, forget I asked about the allergy meds. He's sick again this month, caught it from me as I'm sick again this month too. Anyway, he's resting and now I'm pulling out all the homeopathic and naturopathic remedies I have on hand so I can stave off this infection for him, LOL!

My son had success w/NAET w/environmental allergies. It didn't take away his allergies 100% since there are so many things in the air, but it did helped about 80-90% depends on his threshold at the time.

He used to use Flonase due to nasal inflammation because he couldn't breathe thru his nose. His environmental allergies got better after treating his food allergies, then we moved on to environmental issues. It is very tricky to treat environmental issues because there is also the combination issues. ie. one may not be allergic to pine, but when combined it w/oak, one may be allergic. Also, in my last 4 years of NAET treatments, i discovered that even tho my son treated & passed the allergen, he was still having symptoms. So i decided to collect the actual samples. And how you hold the allergen is also important. I will elaborate if someone is interested.

Pat

Patty

Yes I am very interested in hearing any of the information you have on this. My son cound't breath out of his nose for several months in the fall do to ragweed, mold, pollen, grass and oak allergies. He always seems to tic the most during these months. So I know that his tics strongly relate to his enviromental allergies. Here I go with some questions (sorry). How often do you go? You mentioned 4 years-is this on a regular basis. have you ever tried allery shots or is this the route you chose instead? What type of food allergies were cleared? Were they actual allergies or sensitivites. To cut down on any of my sons 28 sensitivities would be great. Any info on the vials and how you collected samples would be helpful also. Do you bring those into the doctors? I researched some NAET practioners in my area yesterday and found about ten. Trying to figure out which one to chose. It is so expensive so do not want to make the mistake of picking one that won't work. How many visits have you done in the 4 years?

Any info would be be of great help and I am glad to hear that it helped your son!

Ds is showing some symptoms of seasonal allergies that are starting earlier this year than last. I think it's b/c we've had a lot of rain and stuff is blooming early. I can give him benadryl at night but I need some suggestions for daytime use. I've never given him anything for allergies on a regular basis and we've done NEAT before and I may try it again this spring. I just need something in the interim. I'm going to go back to trying quercetin and some local honey to see if it helps eventually. Also, if anyone has any suggestions that are more of a natural path, I'd love suggestions. Our big problem is that his eye tics get really into gear as they react to the tearing up and the nose running, etc. and that gets to really bothering him. Otherwise, he's not been ticcing much which again tells me that his tics are definitely exacerbated by allergies.

i give my son zytec. it seems to help the allergies and i don't notice a difference with his tics one way or the other. i'm planning to make an appointment with an allergy doc soon because i can tell he has allergies and i don't like the idea of trying to manage it with an otc medicine. i do think the allergies make his tics worse and since we are thinking he has PANDAS i'm wondering if the inflammation is why he tends to get upper respiratory infections so often.