ACN Latitudes Forums

do antibiotics (keflex) help with swollen adenoids

I was hoping that somebody who knows more than me would give an answer. But, I think it depends on what is causing the swelling and if keflex is effective against it. Some abx (zith) are known to be anti-inflammatory. I don't know if keflex is or not.

Our son has had his adenoids removed twice (he is our nonPANDAS child). When he was on an antibiotic, the swelling would go down a bit but not completely. He pretty much had sleep apnea and sinus infections all the time from the swelling regardless of the presence of an antibiotic. Removal was the only thing that helped him. Unfortunately, his adenoids grew back and he had to have them removed a second time. He had his tonsils removed a bit over a year ago and they checked for adenoid regrowth then and nothing had come back, so we're hoping that we're done with them.

wow, I did not know that adenoids could grow back. I can tell that ds adenoids are swollen, he does alot of mouth breathing but because of noise sensitivity I couldn't even get him into a dr. office right now, he is on Keflex that I put him on (I had in the frig) and I can tell that the sinus infection symptoms are getting better but the swelling still seems the same. does the ent dr just have to look up his nose to tell what is going on right?

Lotafaith

Our son has had his adenoids removed twice (he is our nonPANDAS child). When he was on an antibiotic, the swelling would go down a bit but not completely. He pretty much had sleep apnea and sinus infections all the time from the swelling regardless of the presence of an antibiotic. Removal was the only thing that helped him. Unfortunately, his adenoids grew back and he had to have them removed a second time. He had his tonsils removed a bit over a year ago and they checked for adenoid regrowth then and nothing had come back, so we're hoping that we're done with them.