ACN Latitudes Forums

Significance of elevated Mycoplasma IgG

Prevalence of IgG in the youth population is known and normal, nothing new there.

What the article did not reveal is how long after an actual infection is the IgG supposed to be high and rising, and does an on going rise in IgG (say, for 5 years, as in Sandra's case) an indication of persistant presence of M-Pneomoniae.

I think that is the question and concern....

As i stated before...just using my ds here....

if the scale it

>99 neg

100-320 intermediat

320< pos

and ds came up 631.....i do not want to wait to see if it goes to 700...631 to me in not a negligable amount.

if his score was 300...i would maybe have less hope that this may be it...but it could be just the amount that is poking him with a stick...

my tolerance at 300 is different from yours

I do wish that the labs used the same scale though....now what if i go to a differnet doc and they use quest....is there some way to compare scales?

Prevalence of IgG in the youth population is known and normal, nothing new there.

What the article did not reveal is how long after an actual infection is the IgG supposed to be high and rising, and does an on going rise in IgG (say, for 5 years, as in Sandra's case) an indication of persistant presence of M-Pneomoniae.

I think that is the question and concern....

As i stated before...just using my ds here....

if the scale it

>99 neg

100-320 intermediat

320< pos

and ds came up 631.....i do not want to wait to see if it goes to 700...631 to me in not a negligable amount.

if his score was 300...i would maybe have less hope that this may be it...but it could be just the amount that is poking him with a stick...

my tolerance at 300 is different from yours

--------------

The Finnish border positive is 33-45 (below is neg. above is strong pos), Sandra is at the 200 level (she was sick with M-pneomonia way back in 2005).

She reacted well to suitable antibiotics and steroids, later on to IVIG, but then was abandoned for 2 years after a relapse by a doctor who did not want to devote time and attention. In January we had the idea that if abx worked for Sami's Strep, it should possibly do the same for Sandra's m. pneomoniae. It seems to work. slowly, bouncing forwards, sometimes going a bit back, but the total is positive.

I wish we knew about Sami way back in December 2007 and started long term Azith already then, and I hope we can restart long term IVIG soon.

I do wish that the labs used the same scale though....now what if i go to a differnet doc and they use quest....is there some way to compare scales?

It seems to work. slowly, bouncing forwards, sometimes going a bit back, but the total is positive.

Thanks for posting the SLOWLY part...i want it done yesterday, actually 10 months ago would have been better!!

And i understand the part abou the outsider thing.......we used to get strep all the time but now, neg strep-all tests.....sitting on the foul line of Cam k test....and it was the support of this site that helped me keep pushing and finding dr K and T to Myco P.....

I think it would help those on their journey to remember pitands....i know its just a word....but if its not included you really do start to feel like all of your other correlations to your childs illness may have been in your mind...

I have a new one PISTAND if someone didnt' say this already?/// Pediatric infection-strep triggered autoimmune neuro disorders.

we're pist over here!!!

It seems to work. slowly, bouncing forwards, sometimes going a bit back, but the total is positive.

Thanks for posting the SLOWLY part...i want it done yesterday, actually 10 months ago would have been better!!

And i understand the part abou the outsider thing.......we used to get strep all the time but now, neg strep-all tests.....sitting on the foul line of Cam k test....and it was the support of this site that helped me keep pushing and finding dr K and T to Myco P.....

I think it would help those on their journey to remember pitands....i know its just a word....but if its not included you really do start to feel like all of your other correlations to your childs illness may have been in your mind...

I have a new one PISTAND if someone didnt' say this already?/// Pediatric infection-strep triggered autoimmune neuro disorders.

we're pist over here!!!

It is not only the Strep I am not in agreement with, as the problem continues with the Pediatric too. Sandra got ill at 15. She was not very pediatric any longer and was sent directly to the adult neuro and not to the pediatric one. "Interestingly" both had no clue of the condition, dismissed the idea that the infection she just had had anything to do with the sudden outburst of the variety of symptoms. The adult neuro were adamant this had to be TS (although the required time has not passed and there were more points missing than present, and the pediatric neuro was ingeniously inventive and said that at 15 Sandra suddenly developed "Abrupt ASpberger", and dared saying that without shame or shaking of her voice.

How long does it take to get rid of the Mycoplasma in the system? I have to call Dr T, Biaxin is going to run out.Do you have to do more than 1 script?

we're pist over here!!!

It is not only the Strep I am not in agreement with, as the problem continues with the Pediatric too. Sandra got ill at 15. She was not very pediatric any longer and was sent directly to the adult neuro and not to the pediatric one. "Interestingly" both had no clue of the condition, dismissed the idea that the infection she just had had anything to do with the sudden outburst of the variety of symptoms. The adult neuro were adamant this had to be TS (although the required time has not passed and there were more points missing than present, and the pediatric neuro was ingeniously inventive and said that at 15 Sandra suddenly developed "Abrupt ASpberger", and dared saying that without shame or shaking of her voice.

I still completely agree with you, age may just play into the part where you are more suseptible....what about people who get ocd or ts in their 20-30s...i would put money on an infection!!!!!

My other concern as well, and since i couldn't find the link to why my son was sick the day before onset , started giving me self doubt...My boy would be and i believe is currently diagnosed with TS....and that is a crime!!!

I AM THE ONE NOT ACCEPTING IF IT TICS ITS TS....IF IT TICS IT GOT SICK!!!!

Maybe you could add your thoughts to Laurens mom site.. she is going to be on the Today show....she is asking for ideas to make her 3 minutes as rounded as possible....i'm might chime in with what i just posted....

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7263