ACN Latitudes Forums

Single daily dose of abx

Our Dr. just switched us to a single dose of Azith per day (down from two). We started dropping the AM dose and just going with the evening dose and now we're noticing that what used to be our very rough mornings have now swapped for afternoons. We're going to keep track of his patterns, but I was wondering for any other folks on single dose per day what their preference for time of day is?

Thanks, we havn't done any probiotics yet - other than yogurt (which he eats in the morning for breakfast). He takes his gummy vitimin in the evening, and he hasn't had any stomach issues on the abx at all, and we're going on 35 days (with a 5 day break in there). The Dr says as long as he's not having any issues, and the yogurt is taking care of intestinal issues, we don't have to supplement if we don't want to.

Are there other reasons to use probiotics other than the counter the side effects of the abx?

Thanks, we havn't done any probiotics yet - other than yogurt (which he eats in the morning for breakfast). He takes his gummy vitimin in the evening, and he hasn't had any stomach issues on the abx at all, and we're going on 35 days (with a 5 day break in there). The Dr says as long as he's not having any issues, and the yogurt is taking care of intestinal issues, we don't have to supplement if we don't want to.

Are there other reasons to use probiotics other than the counter the side effects of the abx?

Well, in our case, I am working on getting her off Prevacid, so I am trying to get her tummy as healthy as possible. Also, I am mildly nervous about longer term abx, although she has had no issues with this to date (and it has been 6 months now). Either way, I don't want any more issues with her stomach. She has multiple Peptic Ulcers, that seem to have been triggers almost at the same time as her sudden onset OCD.

I think that supplements are certainly a personal choice, but a probiotic seems like a good healthy addition. We have been slow to add (or subtract) anything, so we'll only do one thing per every 2-3 months. We just added the probiotic last month & so far, aside from one tummy ache at night, she is doing very well. I think the stomach ache was due to a mild cold vs the antibiotics. If all continues to go well, we'll start to titer off the Prevacid - which makes me VERY nervous!!!