ACN Latitudes Forums

Pepsi Refresh Update

For some reason that link didn't work. You can try this one..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pepsi-Refres...82.309749594..1

Here was the message...

Hi Fans! Last night at the stroke of midnight (and March 1), I logged on to Refresh Everything to put the finishing touches on our application and submit. We had until March 15 or 1000 sent apps. By 12:24, I was told 1000 apps. were sent and I had to try again April 1. Next month, we will be sitting at the computer ...with our finger on "submit" when 12 hits. Sorry for the delay. Thank you for your continued support!

Wasn't that amazing & frustrating! I was trying to put in an application for another project (not PANDAS) and was on at 11:55 waiting. Then my daughter woke up with a stomach ache & I had to put her back down to bed. Took till 12:25 - and the opportunity was gone. Wow. I was so hopeful that you had gotten through.

My jaw dropped :huh: I seriously could not believe at 12:24 my time was up! 1000 applications in 24 minutes! WOW! Now I know you literally have to be sitting there ready to push "submit" as fast as you can! And they shut it down from 8-12...UGH! So, you know (well, I do now)...that people are literally sitting there waiting. Here's to next month!!!

It's like a hot ebay item that everyone waits till last second to bid on. I actually came across another intersting grant (not a contest) that I think would be something to try. But....we would need a lot more info from Cunningham and it requires a formal appplication. I'll pm you a link at a later time.

My jaw dropped :lol: I seriously could not believe at 12:24 my time was up! 1000 applications in 24 minutes! WOW! Now I know you literally have to be sitting there ready to push "submit" as fast as you can! And they shut it down from 8-12...UGH! So, you know (well, I do now)...that people are literally sitting there waiting. Here's to next month!!!

I was the same way! I am on the east coast, so it was late & I was tired - I had to read it about 10 times before I really understood that I'd missed the deadline. Now I am wondering if I need a higher speed internet connection for April!!! I wonder what time it really filled up, as you were at 12:24 & I was 12:25. I have this feeling that it was like 12:03!!

Vickie - can't wait to hear what you are thinking. I think funding Cunningham is REALLY important. These researchers can only go so far on their own - without money, they can't do this forever. And I think we all know tht traditional medical research money is not going to PANDAS. We are on the cusp of a change in how mental illnesses are defined, diagnosed and treated. It will happen - if it takes 10 year or 50 years may be up to us.

Lol...me too! East coast, tired, but determined! I also kept logging on and off .........couldn't believe what I was reading....I was sure it was a mistake! :blink: It wasn't until 1:15 that I accepted it and quit trying.

Lol...me too! East coast, tired, but determined! I also kept logging on and off .........couldn't believe what I was reading....I was sure it was a mistake! :blink: It wasn't until 1:15 that I accepted it and quit trying.

Well 'acceptance' is the final stage, so you're doing fine!

thanks for trying, good luck next time. :wub:

Lol...me too! East coast, tired, but determined! I also kept logging on and off .........couldn't believe what I was reading....I was sure it was a mistake! :wub: It wasn't until 1:15 that I accepted it and quit trying.

That is funny - all across America, tired mom's are trying to log onto Pepsi Refresh. That could be a commercial right there. I just needed a Mountain Dew! Next time we should trade cell numbers so we can scream together if we get on!!! Of course, we'd actually have to just whisper.... Good luck in April (note - the next deadline is April Fool's Day..... :blink: )