ACN Latitudes Forums

Enhansa (Curcumin)

Here is a link to enhansa. It is used with autism, but apparently children with PANDAS also.

http://www.leesilsby.com/enhansamain.php

My sister was picking up Zithromax for two of her children with PANDAS and nearly fell on the floor when the pharmacist said, "Do your children have PANDAS?" The pharmacist went on to tell her about enhansa and a physician in her area who uses it with children with autism and PANDAS. It is basically curcumin, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory.

It also says it does the following:

Increases levels of Glutathione within the cell

Reduces levels of nearly every inflammatory cytokine found to be elevated in Autism

Improves liver detoxification

Chelates Lead and Cadmium and protects brain and body from damage caused by Mercury

Anti-Viral

Anti-Fungal

Decreases levels of oxidized (GSSG) Glutathione. Oxidized Glutathione has been found to be elevated in Autism.

Potent PPAR Gamma Agonist

NF-Kappa B inhibitor

I was wondering what people know about it.

TIA!

Colleen

Here is a link to enhansa. It is used with autism, but apparently children with PANDAS also.

My sister was picking up Zithromax for two of her children with PANDAS and nearly fell on the floor when the pharmacist said, "Do your children have PANDAS?" The pharmacist went on to tell her about enhansa and a physician in her area who uses it with children with autism and PANDAS. It is basically curcumin, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory.

Reduces levels of nearly every inflammatory cytokine found to be elevated in Autism

Chelates Lead and Cadmium and protects brain and body from damage caused by Mercury

Anti-Viral

Anti-Fungal

Decreases levels of oxidized (GSSG) Glutathione. Oxidized Glutathione has been found to be elevated in Autism.

NF-Kappa B inhibitor

TIA!

Colleen

If anyone does...is it something you take forever, a year, till symptoms abate?

And what about side effects?

my son takes curcumin as an anti inflammatory for his Crohn's Disease. It is remarkable in it's anti-inflammatory properties, and I know of people with PD who take it too.

I dont know about this product tho. Is it just curcumin? or other ingredients too? I keep hearing more and more good things about curcumin, so great if it also has anti-viral/anti-fungal properties!

the curcumin my son takes is mixed with Boswellia. he uses the NOW product Boswellin

boswellia apparently also has OCD reducing properties so we have added benefit from that blend of curcumin

my son takes curcumin as an anti inflammatory for his Crohn's Disease. It is remarkable in it's anti-inflammatory properties, and I know of people with PD who take it too.

I dont know about this product tho. Is it just curcumin? or other ingredients too? I keep hearing more and more good things about curcumin, so great if it also has anti-viral/anti-fungal properties!

the curcumin my son takes is mixed with Boswellia. he uses the NOW product Boswellin

boswellia apparently also has OCD reducing properties so we have added benefit from that blend of curcumin

i try to cook with tumeric...will that help? or in these cases do you need it more concentrated like curcumin....and what about the spice cumin????

i've heard tumeric is good for aurthritis and an anti-flamatory..i know some use it for that and it helps!!!

hi fixit

curcumin is from turmeric so yes, cooking with it is good ;) we do use turmeric in a lot of our food.

my son definitely needed the extra in supp form for dampening the inflammation from his Crohn's tho

I read an interesting study once on the low incidence of some neuro illnesses (including I think Alzheimers) in the populations that eat a lot of turmeric

So, another potentially exciting supplement to consider adding to the regimen!

But should I be concerned about interactions with other supplements and/or meds? Anyone giving this along with some of the other supplements with similar and/or additional benefits (NAC, inositol, Vitamin D3, B-complex, etc.)? ;)

Funny, I was just reading about curcumin yesterday and thinking that I should add it in due to its effects on inflammation and viral/fungal illness.

Anti-Viral

Anti-Fungal

NF-Kappa B inhibitor

TIA!

Colleen

In Healing the New Childhood Epidemics by Dr. Bock he states the following:

"Curcumin This is a powerful anti-oxidant, but its most effective action is as a natural anti-inflammatory. It also has nerve protectant properties, and can aid in colon health. A reasonable daily dosage is in the range of 500 to 1500 mg., depending upon the patient and circumstances".

He doesn't mention any side-effects or contraindications with other meds or supps, which he does for some of the other supplements he recommends in his book, so my guess is it is fine to take with just about anything. And since he mentions a "daily" dosage I figure that means you can take it all the time. We've recently added this to my son's regimen but it has only been about 5 days so I think it is too soon to tell if it has helped.

Another herb I am considering is Quercitin. He says it is good for allergies because it blocks the production of histimine and reduces inflammation. He recommends 600-1800 mg per day.

We have been using Enhansa for about 9 months or so for yeast issues. I have not noticed any major changes with behavior since starting but his yeast issues have gotten better, although still there. One word of caution if you do have a child with yeast... start VERY low! In the 9 months we are still only at about 1/4 what would be a full daily dose. We did see some die-off reactions when we started and when we increased dosages. But they would get better after a few days. I use activated charcoal if I can find a time to give it away from supplements... which can be hard! For us, yeast will often disrupt sleep and I would end up giving the charcoal at 2:00 in the morning if he was up. Anyway, when we first began, we started at about 1/3 of their small scoop 1x/day. Just our experience. If you do not have yeast issues, you may be fine to start larger.

In Healing the New Childhood Epidemics by Dr. Bock he states the following:

"Curcumin This is a powerful anti-oxidant, but its most effective action is as a natural anti-inflammatory. It also has nerve protectant properties, and can aid in colon health. A reasonable daily dosage is in the range of 500 to 1500 mg., depending upon the patient and circumstances".

He doesn't mention any side-effects or contraindications with other meds or supps, which he does for some of the other supplements he recommends in his book, so my guess is it is fine to take with just about anything. And since he mentions a "daily" dosage I figure that means you can take it all the time. We've recently added this to my son's regimen but it has only been about 5 days so I think it is too soon to tell if it has helped.

Another herb I am considering is Quercitin. He says it is good for allergies because it blocks the production of histimine and reduces inflammation. He recommends 600-1800 mg per day.

That brings me back to what someone mentioned D-hist....this was on the label for the jr size

Seasonal Support for Kids with a Fun Lemon-Lime Flavor! The Same Great Formula as our Natural D-Hist for Adults...Now in Kid Strength!

Why These Natural Ingredients?

Quercetin A

A powerful natural flavonoid, quercetin has been shown to inhibit mast cell degranulation and its unfortunate consequences.

Stinging Nettles Leaf

Stinging Nettles components have been shown to block important enzymes within the arachidonic acid cascade as well as having proven their effectiveness in a single ingredient clinical trial.

Bromelain

A strong pineapple enzyme, bromelain

has proven mucolytic properties. As such, bromelain supports normal mucosal tissue function and enhances the absorption of Quercetin.

N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC)

An amino acid that is also a natural mucolytic, NAC reduces the viscosity of mucus. Clinical studies have proven oral doses of NAC to be an excellent

means to recharge cellular glutathione, a foundational antioxidant.

vit c 75mg

Q 100mg

stin leaf 100mg

brom 2400gdu/g from pinapple 25 mg

nac 12 mg

other

natural cane sugar, lemon-lime flavoring, vanilla flavoring, xylitol, magnesium stearate,stevea leaf extract and caboisl..this progdut may contain Croscamellose sodium

adult version is 2x stronger

other

natural vegetable capsulses, may contain ascorbyl, palmitat, microcrystaline cellulose, and silicon dioxide

Any thoughts, anyone use this....with allergy seaon on us here in GA i hear you should get a running start before there is a problem

Ok just found this on another thread:

http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1405385

It is interesting to note Dr. Waring's statement that those with the

PST/low sulfation problem have central nervous system problems from

the toxic amines. For example migraine sufferers usually have low PST

activity, and are readily affected by dietary "triggers", especially

those with amines. Compounds such as flavonoids (red wine and citrus

fruits), aged cheese, beers, chocolate, and strong odors inhibit PST

leading to headache in the less resistant. Apple juice, citrus

fruits, chocolate, and paracetamol (Tylenol™) were precisely those

that were known to precipitate migraine attacks in susceptible

individuals. It should be noted that many multivitamin supplements,

grapeseed extract, Pycnogenol™, Quercetin, and other antioxidants

contain high amounts of flavonoids. Quercetin is found in 78% of the

foods. It is useful in hay fever (suppress the histamine release),

some forms of cardiovascular disease, and it chelates metals to

prevent oxidation. It decreases vascular fragility, but stimulates

adrenaline release (decreasing thymus weight), reduces general

metabolism (reduces temperature and oxygen consumption), suppresses

thyroid activity, inhibits p450 (Phase I) liver enzyme activity, and

it is linked with male impotence. From this list of negatives, one

can see it should not be used in quantity for long term.

I am already concerned my son may have a low thyroid, so......i will have to reconsider...hope to get thyroid labs back soon and see if he is hypo or hyper

i try to cook with tumeric...will that help? or in these cases do you need it more concentrated like curcumin....and what about the spice cumin????

i've heard tumeric is good for aurthritis and an anti-flamatory..i know some use it for that and it helps!!!

The reading I just did today said that cooking with it doesn't provide much benefit. Not much of the turmeric is absorbed. I only saw this on the wikipedia site, so I could be wrong... I thought the same thing...

I was just posting elsewhere about a product my Naturopath gave me, "BCQ" by Vital Nutrients, that is basically Bromelein, Boswelia, Curcumin, and Quercitin. I've seen it on the shelf at the drugstore chain Pharmaca.

It's a great anti-inflammatory combination, and the brand quality can be trusted.