ACN Latitudes Forums

Calling all Iowans...

Hello-

Just got done reading a post from Ginger. Another Iowan!! We live up I35. I'm in West Des Moines all the time for appts. I know 7Up isn't far from us, either. Maybe there are more of us than I initially thought. PANDAS is recognized and being treated in central Iowa. Unfortunately, the treatment offered (to be fair) has done nothing for us and prolonged getting help for our son. " Penicillin will work" and" by age 12 (we have never seen a child have this older than this) PANDAS won't be a problem." That's the protocol along with psych drugs.

PM me or just post, all you Iowans. Oh, and we are tired of snowdays. I smell another potential one Monday. Say it isn't so!! :)

We are on our way to Dr. K for second IVIG in a month.

I look fwd to hearing from you!!

Dawn

Dawn,

Sorry and happy for you at the same time that you are going for a 2nd IVIG. I knew you were thinking about it so I am really praying for you guys - I know this will get better for you!! BTW- ( : done with the ped we had and found a different one that is way on board with everything going on here. I am hoping for a month of big progress!

Ginger- sorry I didn't answer you earlier on the other post- packing like crazy for all the munchkins that live in this house lol and trying not to have a nervous breakdown while doing it :) Love the idea of a face to face support group- just don't know if I could really make the physical commitment. We are usually going in one direction or the other here- a pretty full house from 17 to 4 and any of my spare time ( oh wait I don't know what that is lol) Glad to hear from another Iowan though-sorry about the circumstances why.

Chel

Dawn,

Sorry and happy for you at the same time that you are going for a 2nd IVIG. I knew you were thinking about it so I am really praying for you guys - I know this will get better for you!! BTW- ( : done with the ped we had and found a different one that is way on board with everything going on here. I am hoping for a month of big progress!

Ginger- sorry I didn't answer you earlier on the other post- packing like crazy for all the munchkins that live in this house lol and trying not to have a nervous breakdown while doing it :D Love the idea of a face to face support group- just don't know if I could really make the physical commitment. We are usually going in one direction or the other here- a pretty full house from 17 to 4 and any of my spare time ( oh wait I don't know what that is lol) Glad to hear from another Iowan though-sorry about the circumstances why.

Chel

Hello Ladies,

Thank you for responding. Chel, just wanted to say I completely understand. Be safe on your trip, and I wish you the best of luck! Please keep us posted.

I think even if we get together once every 6 months would be so helpful. It would just be so nice, to talk to people that understand what is going on. Tomorrow I have to explain to daycare about PANDAS, I know they are just going to look at me like I am crazy, but all of you have given me some great advice.

Dawn I am new to this, so I am going to try and PM you. Hope it works. ^_^

Ginger