ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDASM? PANDEMICS?

Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcus or Mycoplasma?

PANDASM sounds a little X-rated. Might catch on a little TOO well.

Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders associated with EBV, Mycoplasma, and other Infectious agents but most Commonly Strep

PANDEMICS never will catch on but probably the most descriptive

Hah - thanks for the chuckle, Dr. T!

I'd vote for PANDEMICS. It works on so many levels... and maybe it will scare folks into realizing it's more widespread than they realized!

Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcus or Mycoplasma?

Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders associated with EBV, Mycoplasma, and other Infectious agents but most Commonly Strep

I like acronym games, but don't have the medical chops for this one.

How about from a parent's point of view... PANDA BARE

Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders from Abundant Bothersome Antibodies Ruining Everything

:D You are starting to worry me, Dr. T................. :D ... ^_^

I like acronym games, but don't have the medical chops for this one.

How about from a parent's point of view... PANDA BARE

Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders from Abundant Bothersome Antibodies Ruining Everything

LOL. this one strikes my fancy.

Based on my experience with this lovely disorder or disease I feel that FUBAR is the best fit!

This one never would or should catch on but for those of us with severe kids it fits the best!

For those who do not know what this stands for ...... F*##^% Up Beyond All Recognition

Based on my experience with this lovely disorder or disease I feel that FUBAR is the best fit!

This one never would or should catch on but for those of us with severe kids it fits the best!

For those who do not know what this stands for ...... F*##^% Up Beyond All Recognition

That fits very well. I've resorted to a similar explanation of symptoms at times.

Angela

Dr T,

I was surprised to see EBV. My daughter tested positive for Hashimotos and I know EBV can also affect Lyme tests. Our whole family tested positive for Lyme. My tow daughters were tested wtih Cunningham and their CamKinese are 168 and 154. I am dealing with so many things my head is spinning. I had not heard about EBV and PANDAS. How do I pursue this - what tests do I need? Could it all come together under that?

I like it. Next time we are in an episode I'll simply tell my daughter she is fubared again.