ACN Latitudes Forums

Monday appt Dr K

7upMom

We are supp to leave Sunday morning for Chicago to see Dr K monday at 1130. We are driving from Iowa and they are forecasting a pretty big snowstorm tomorrow. Thats fine for us, we don't have a problem going anyway and driving in it , BUT- they are also forecasting 10 inches for Chicago on Monday- so its Sat I can't even call their office and ask what they usually do with a snowstorm. Do they cancel their appts or now? I would not want to drive all the way there, pay for a hotel room, food etc, just to find out they shut their office down for the day and vice/versa I would hate to stay home and find out they stayed open and arrange everything again ( day off work/ younger kids to overnight/ dog to kennel etc- and just the length of time- it has already seemed forever and don't think we want to wait a day longer with the way things have been going.

Does anyone know what their office usually does??

We are supp to leave Sunday morning for Chicago to see Dr K monday at 1130. We are driving from Iowa and they are forecasting a pretty big snowstorm tomorrow. Thats fine for us, we don't have a problem going anyway and driving in it , BUT- they are also forecasting 10 inches for Chicago on Monday- so its Sat I can't even call their office and ask what they usually do with a snowstorm. Do they cancel their appts or now? I would not want to drive all the way there, pay for a hotel room, food etc, just to find out they shut their office down for the day and vice/versa I would hate to stay home and find out they stayed open and arrange everything again ( day off work/ younger kids to overnight/ dog to kennel etc- and just the length of time- it has already seemed forever and don't think we want to wait a day longer with the way things have been going.

Does anyone know what their office usually does??

Hello,

Sorry I am not able to help you with the above question, but I did notice you live in Iowa. We live in West Des Moines, I was thinking about starting a support group for PANDAS. Would you have any interest?

E-mail him today and ask.

I called the office and got their messaging lady. She said it wasn't snowing there right now so - so far their office was open on Monday -

um ok lol- I told her that it was forecasted for Monday so it prob wouldn't be snowing right now lol- but did she know their protocol for bad weather. She was not sure but said that normally most Chicago businesses stay open and in a really bad storm would just close early ?? she told me there was really no way to get ahold of anyone and ask or find out until Monday am rolled around.

Does he email back on weekends??

Yes, he does...atleast he did for me. Just put in your header that it is regarding your appointment Monday.......he will get back to you, and I am sure, considering all that you are going through to get there...he will see you.

Thank you - I will try that!!! I might just be getting too worried ) : its not like its gonna dump 10 inches in an hour lol, so hopefully it will hold off long enough we can be seen. Thanks again

Just two things quickly . . . I've received emails on Saturdays from Dr. K., so I feel certain he will get back to you.

Also, living in the area myself, I feel pretty confident in telling you that, probably pretty similar to Iowa, we're pretty well prepared for snow storms and very few businesses, schools, etc. shut down in the face of a storm. Ice is the only real threat around here, and I don't think it's supposed to get especially cold. Dr. K.'s offices are in well-traveled areas off major highways, and the plows and salt trucks will be on top of things there.

Good luck!

Just two things quickly . . . I've received emails on Saturdays from Dr. K., so I feel certain he will get back to you.

Also, living in the area myself, I feel pretty confident in telling you that, probably pretty similar to Iowa, we're pretty well prepared for snow storms and very few businesses, schools, etc. shut down in the face of a storm. Ice is the only real threat around here, and I don't think it's supposed to get especially cold. Dr. K.'s offices are in well-traveled areas off major highways, and the plows and salt trucks will be on top of things there.

Good luck!

OH thank you!! I am already anxious and nervous enough, so that really helped calm my nerves down. I sent an email so we'll see, but just feel alot better after reading this! Actually where I am in Iowa LOL everything shuts down all the time- its just really rural where we are lol.

Michelle-

Prayers go with your family--safe travel & answers. We appreciate yours. If you think to remember inquire about the strep in the family situation/clearing prior to IVIG. I know your family is large. Dr. K just hasn't commented, though, we haven't asked him face to face. Curious.

Dawn