ACN Latitudes Forums

scared to death that we are heading for psych ward

Will keep you in our prayers, know its really hard to go through but stay strong!

Have thought about you many times since reading this earlier today. Have nothing to add except to say that you did a great job of handling a situation that absolutely had to be handled. Stay strong and know that others have been where you are and are keeping you in their thoughts.

I would be surprised if the product was that potent, but omega 6's are PRO-inflammatory and act against omega 3's (which are ANTI-inflammatory), and in looking at the 3-6-9 label, there appear to be more omega 6's than omega 3's in this product if I understand the label correctly. So it would make sense if it was working in the wrong direction, I think.

So sorry you had to go through this, but it sounds like you reacted by doing the right thing.

This too shall pass. Hang in there. You are in our prayers.

I am terrified that we are heading for the psyc ward if something doesnt happen fast! My daughter completely flipped again this morning - I called my mom and she took her from the house - not a pretty scene....

She started the day just out of bed by jumping on brothers legs.... some minor ODD stuff (minor in my book... but most normal families wouldnt put ip with it... but I pick my battles)

then bam - she is nutzo.... throwing toys at 1 year old... trying to bite me - growling hissing - saying she wants to die and should just go kill herself - she is 7!!!!! She went on to DESTROY the kitchen.... pouring hersheys syrup water oatmeal and yougurt all over the floor - walked in it and splashed in rubbed it everywhere..... that is when I broke down - called my mom and asked her to take her - it was either that or the hospital and I chose my mom.....

did i do the right thing? I cant stop crying and I am trying to hold it together for the other kids but I need some advice.... help me please

Hi there,

You did the right thing. You managed to keep it together and make a good decision to keep everyone safe. How's she doing now? Thank God for your mom :)

I was trying to get your story straight and looking at your posts... you started the Omega 3-6-9 last night, is that right? Do you think that might have triggered this?

My son is on a ton of supplements, but after reading a post (I think by Dr. T?) on how some kids' immune system is on overdrive (and that seems to be my son's case), I discontinued anything that is meant to "boost" the immune system. I don't know, I'm no scientist, but it seems to me if his immune system is already rev'd up, why add more fuel to it? Just a thought.

I hope you never have to go through something like this again, but try to keep a journal and it might help find the trigger.

Let us know how things progress, and do try to get everyone tested for strep.

Isabel

I am terrified that we are heading for the psyc ward if something doesnt happen fast! My daughter completely flipped again this morning - I called my mom and she took her from the house - not a pretty scene....

She started the day just out of bed by jumping on brothers legs.... some minor ODD stuff (minor in my book... but most normal families wouldnt put ip with it... but I pick my battles)

then bam - she is nutzo.... throwing toys at 1 year old... trying to bite me - growling hissing - saying she wants to die and should just go kill herself - she is 7!!!!! She went on to DESTROY the kitchen.... pouring hersheys syrup water oatmeal and yougurt all over the floor - walked in it and splashed in rubbed it everywhere..... that is when I broke down - called my mom and asked her to take her - it was either that or the hospital and I chose my mom.....

did i do the right thing? I cant stop crying and I am trying to hold it together for the other kids but I need some advice.... help me please

I have just joined forum - hope you get this message

My 7 year old daughter has similar rage fits, and has become increasingly violent, especially with me (her Mom). I often use my Mom as a crutch, either to take my 3 year old daughter away or to take my symptomatic child. We have all felt that fear of not being able to handle this anymore.. Does your child take antibx? Mine just began a course of 600mg Augmentin twice daily. No drastic results, though I understand it can take months.

I feel your pain, and I cry with you. Good luck to you and your family.

I know what your going through. Been there and know that feeling of despair. My mom is still there for me and my daughter is now 17. Don't do the psyc ward they would not have a clue. BELIEVE ME!! A supportive family and people willing to help you is your best choice. Is your daughter better at your mom's or is her behaviour the same there? It seems to me that that alot of these children target there moms.

Thank you everyone for all of your support - right now it means the world to me! We are working with Dr. T now and yesterday even in the midst of the chaos that was still echoing in my mind I felt some of the weight lifted from my shoulders - Thank you Dr. T! - I know there is hope. We will do some bloodwork this week (if the lab is open Monday we will do the draws then) she started on steroid boost and z-pak on Saturday. Today was another rocky and volatile day... but she 'seemed different' for a few hours this morning until close to lunch.... when she was "different' there was a calmness to her that we have not seen in a very long time. She was pleasant, helpful and patient - it is the moments like that which I miss the most - you know those moments that give a glimpse at what her life could be like.... SHOULD be like. I am hoping that it was a sign that that the meds are taking hold and beginning the fight against whatever it is that is trying to take over her mind....

on the question of the Omegas... yes, I did recently start them... I stopped - no dose yesterday for anyone in the family... no more until I understand this better... if I am reading the label right 16% of the omegas are from the Omega 6..... we have been considering going to a preventative medicine group near us for a blood work up... for the food allergist, metals, yeast, toxicity levels - the DAN - workup and protocols.... and to get advice on supplements.... on Tuesday we are taking her to do NAET testing for allergies as well (hopefully)....

I will keep you updated on our progress. Thanks again for all the thoughts, prayers and 'virtual' hugs!

I know what your going through. Been there and know that feeling of despair. My mom is still there for me and my daughter is now 17. Don't do the psyc ward they would not have a clue. BELIEVE ME!! A supportive family and people willing to help you is your best choice. Is your daughter better at your mom's or is her behaviour the same there? It seems to me that that alot of these children target there moms.

Thank you, Thank you for saying that about the "moms"!!! I am printing this out so I can carry it around and show it to everyone. It is gonna save me a lot of talking. I get so tired of defending my relationship with my son!! I have to explain this aspect of the disease to everyone...even my biggest supporters and the people who "understand" the most!! I really get tired of explaining it to my husband every other day!! It is so frustrating!! Nobody gets it!! And I'm tired being made to feel like a bad mom!! I'll be the first to admit things aren't pretty here...there are good days and bad days for both of us...but we are plugging along. And I feel that when we get through this...our bond will be that much stronger.

Well don't want to get off topic...just a BIG THANKS!! Thinking about you EarnestFamily!!!

Thank you, Thank you for saying that about the "moms"!!! I am printing this out so I can carry it around and show it to everyone. It is gonna save me a lot of talking. I get so tired of defending my relationship with my son!! I have to explain this aspect of the disease to everyone...even my biggest supporters and the people who "understand" the most!! I really get tired of explaining it to my husband every other day!! It is so frustrating!! Nobody gets it!! And I'm tired being made to feel like a bad mom!! I'll be the first to admit things aren't pretty here...there are good days and bad days for both of us...but we are plugging along. And I feel that when we get through this...our bond will be that much stronger.

Well don't want to get off topic...just a BIG THANKS!! Thinking about you EarnestFamily!!!

Glad I was able to help in some way. I have been going through this a long time and now my sister is experiencing the same things with her 7 year old. She is also on this forum as nomoz. Hope we can all continue to help each other a day at a time........sometimes minutes at a time!!!!!!!!!!! good luck

Just wanted to offer my support to you as another mom who has "been there" more times than I could ever count. I am SURE you did the right thing by calling your mom, if for no other reason than to give you a moment to breath, collect yourself, and figure out what to do next. You are very lucky to have her. Having done the psych ward when my son was 12, I can say it was an awful experience for the whole family, and mostly served as a "shock" to my son as to what his life had evolved into and gave him the motivation to try against all odds to face his overwhelming fear. As a safe place to go when kids hav hurt themselves or others or this is imminent, I am glad these hospitals are here, but as far as "getting better" I have my misgivings. I am so glad for you that you were able to speak with Dr T and get some help. My son too had a "calming" experience on steroids when he was prescribed them for poison ivy a few years back. Hang in there- you are on the right track and doing everything you can to help your daughter.