ACN Latitudes Forums

Birthday Cake-Dairy/Gluten Free

Are there any good mixes or recipes out there for a birthday cake that's dairy/gluten free? My little one will be one years old before you know it, and I'd like to have just one cake that everyone can eat and will enjoy. I'd like to try it out ahead of time. I'm open to white or chocolate cake. I doubt my little one will eat very much cake because he really has no interest in solids still (of course that could all change because 3 months could make a difference) , but I'd like to fix some kind of cake for his b-day party.

Carolyn

i have a fabulous chocolate cake recipe. it has a lot of almond in it though - almond flour, extract, oil and milk. just a slight almond taste though. you really have to eat it warm to get it's full flavor. warm - it's just like any other cake, once it cools, you know it's gf/df. it's good plain or with frosting.

i'm usually on pandas - just stopped over here to see something - pm me if you want the recipe.

Hi Faith,

Aiden & I are doing well. Aiden's been home with a fever/cough the last few days, but other than that we've both stayed pretty healthy this year. He's still pretty much exclusivly breastfed. I offer him solids a few times a week (we do babyled weaning so he feeds himself whatever I'm eating...no grinding up food to make it like the stuff that comes in the baby food jars). However he's really not into eating the food ... only playing with it and feeding the dog. He's been standing for a few months now and is coasting along the furniture a lot. I expect him to be an early walker. He's babbling a lot and will copy me a lot of times. He doesn't have any teeth yet, but I can feel his bottom ones through the gums. I'm really excited to spend the summer off with him. We're doing swimming lessons already and starting a music class next month. I'm pretty busy with student teaching and applying for teaching jobs. I can't believe I graduate in May!

Here's a picture of Aiden at 8 months old that I bet you'll enjoy.

Aiden8mos.jpg

Smartyjones, I'd like the recipe, so I'll pm you.

Carolyn

yummy, he's darling! from your photo here, he looks like you from the nose down... :)

Great to hear that update on him, and so glad you're enjoying him and he is a healthy boy. they sure keep you busy, huh?....... you're doin great mama!

luv,

Faith