ACN Latitudes Forums

Pepsi Refresh

P_Mom

Instead of advertising during the SuperBowl....Pepsi has decided to give out several million dollars in grants to good causes....it can be any cause........maybe we can all log on and vote for PANDAS research?!

Google... Pepsi Refresh Project..check it out and let me know what you think. 19 days left to vote.....1,300,000.00 available

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here' s the website.

http://www.refresheverything.com/

Did you submit something already? If not, what do you want to submit...Dr Cunningham's research?

If we can come up with a united subject to vote on, I know my camp could supply hundreds of votes. I'll bet we all could. I saw that during superbowl, too. Great idea, P.Mom

I did go on and try to submit a preliminary application...we are too late for Feb., but, we can submit for March.

My computer was VERY slow going and kept freezing up during the process, and, when I got to the end and pressed save and send.....I don't think it went. Nothing happened and I had to restart my computer! UGH!

We should try to do this!!! Anyone got a more "modern" (faster) computer....mine is old and slow.

Kelly

I did go on and try to submit a preliminary application...we are too late for Feb., but, we can submit for March.

My computer was VERY slow going and kept freezing up during the process, and, when I got to the end and pressed save and send.....I don't think it went. Nothing happened and I had to restart my computer! UGH!

We should try to do this!!! Anyone got a more "modern" (faster) computer....mine is old and slow.

Kelly

I would love to do this- and I have time tomorrow. Just tell me what I need to do! :blink:

If I had to choose between The PANDAS Foundation and Dr. Cunningham's lab, I would pick Dr. Cunningham.

However, If they are allowing voting for each month, then why not Dr. Cunningham's Lab for March and PANDAS foundation in April?

I know we have not been happy with Beth Maloney's pushing the idea of strep titers being the test for PANDAS, but their "Got Strep" cards are really good...not a mention of titers.

~Karen

If I had to choose between The PANDAS Foundation and Dr. Cunningham's lab, I would pick Dr. Cunningham.

However, If they are allowing voting for each month, then why not Dr. Cunningham's Lab for March and PANDAS foundation in April?

I know we have not been happy with Beth Maloney's pushing the idea of strep titers being the test for PANDAS, but their "Got Strep" cards are really good...not a mention of titers.

~Karen

I am totally with you on your opinion of Beth Maloney's idea of titers. But I got my cards in the mail and plan on sending some out today!

My husband and I are attending the autism one conference in May- I am really curious to hear what everyone has to say about the titers. I can only afford to attend 1 day of conference- I plan on seeing:

1:45-2:45 pm Dr. Madeleine Cunningham and Dr. Susan Swedo: Autoimmunity and Behavior: Sydenham Chorea, PANDAS and Related Disorders

3:00-4:00 pm Dr. Rosario Trifiletti and Lynn Johnson

4:00-5:00 pm Dr. M. Elizabeth Latimer and Laura Matheos, MBA: PANDAS - A Clinical View and Treatment Options

Instead of advertising during the SuperBowl....Pepsi has decided to give out several million dollars in grants to good causes....it can be any cause........maybe we can all log on and vote for PANDAS research?!

Google... Pepsi Refresh Project..check it out and let me know what you think. 19 days left to vote.....1,300,000.00 available

I just tried to fill out the application for March.

It asked for the name of the person or organization who would be receiving grant. Should I put

"University of Oklahoma Biomedical Research Center- Madeline Cunningham".

I also got stuck on some questions like:

How long will your project take to complete?

Less than 1 month

Less than 3 months

Less than 6 months

6 - 12 months

Can you start your project at any time?

Yes, it's ready to go.

No, it needs to start at a specific time.

(should I just put Yes- since it has already started?)

It also wants an image to represent the cause- any suggestions?

Would I need to get permission from Cunningham before sending this in?

Boy- this is a lot more complicated than i thought. :)

For the person or organization, I would put the word PANDAS research in there first as the lead. It's long, but you may be able to abbreviate Univ of OK. When you make a personal donation, you need to put that on the check. So I would do that for this too. MAke sure the money will go to PANDAS.

As for the image, I don't know what to put because of copyright laws. I think I still have that old image of the sad panda bear saved that the NIMH used to have on their site. Otherwise, you can contact Dr Cunningham and ask her if you can use the logo for the University of OK?

I think it would be nice to contact her and let her know we, as parents, are at least trying to help and get her "blessing".

Wonder how many people won't even click because they will think it's research for the bear.... good grief :)

I think it would be a great idea to let Dr. Cunningham know... maybe she will have a helpful way to phrase things.

For the person or organization, I would put the word PANDAS research in there first as the lead. It's long, but you may be able to abbreviate Univ of OK. When you make a personal donation, you need to put that on the check. So I would do that for this too. MAke sure the money will go to PANDAS.

As for the image, I don't know what to put because of copyright laws. I think I still have that old image of the sad panda bear saved that the NIMH used to have on their site. Otherwise, you can contact Dr Cunningham and ask her if you can use the logo for the University of OK?

I think it would be nice to contact her and let her know we, as parents, are at least trying to help and get her "blessing".