ACN Latitudes Forums

In Chicago for IVIG on Thursday & Friday

Doug

Hello everyone, we made it to Chicago, it was a adventure due to the adverse weather. We are anxious and nervous about the IVIG infusions. Mostly we are concerned about the side effects, our little girl is a major drama queen and doesn't handle illness and pain well. He told us they will give her Benadryl in the morning and Tylenol or Ibuprofen if needed. We are pumping the fluid down her and are hopeing for the best. Does anyone have any insight from their expeirence's, I guess I am just a worried Dad. I want it to go as smooth and painless as possible. Thanks, Doug

Hello everyone, we made it to Chicago, it was a adventure due to the adverse weather. We are anxious and nervous about the IVIG infusions. Mostly we are concerned about the side effects, our little girl is a major drama queen and doesn't handle illness and pain well. He told us they will give her Benadryl in the morning and Tylenol or Ibuprofen if needed. We are pumping the fluid down her and are hopeing for the best. Does anyone have any insight from their expeirence's, I guess I am just a worried Dad. I want it to go as smooth and painless as possible. Thanks, Doug

I have nothing of clinical value to add. I would only add that I think everything you and your daughter (and other family members) are feeling are legitimate and totally understandable given the circumstances. The emotional lability piece of my son's illness is exhausting...and that's just for me, I can't imagine how it feels to be so emotionally fragile from his perspective. Good luck tomorrow, you know she is in good hands.

I have nothing of clinical value to add. I would only add that I think everything you and your daughter (and other family members) are feeling are legitimate and totally understandable given the circumstances. The emotional lability piece of my son's illness is exhausting...and that's just for me, I can't imagine how it feels to be so emotionally fragile from his perspective. Good luck tomorrow, you know she is in good hands.

We didn't feel the earthquake although we heard about it on the News.

Doug --

I live in the area so, though I'm guessing Dr. K.'s office has you pretty well hooked in with respect to whatever you might need, drop me a PM if you need anything; I'm on line pretty much all day for work.

The national press pretty much blew the whole earthquake thing out of proportion . . . slow news day? I live only about 20 miles southeast of the epicenter, and we didn't feel a thing. Even at the epicenter, I guess it was more of a "tremor" than a "quake." Pictures fell of walls and vases of mantles, but that was about it.

The real story here, as Doug mentioned, is the weather! We've had about 18 inches of snow in the last 24 hours, and it is beginning to flurry again! Aarrgghh!!

Best of luck with the IVIG, Doug! Let us know how it goes!

Doug,

My son had IVIG in Chicago with Dr.K back in December. They are great with the kids there! Have your daughter drink plenty of fluids and she should do fine. It is common to get a headache after day two. My son did develope a fever and very sore neck a cpl days after the treatment. One dose of a steroid took care of that. The biggest problem you face with this is boredom. Make sure you take plenty of things with to keep your dayghter entertained. Other than that it is a very simple procedure considering what a life changing thing it can be. Good luck and I hope all goes well - you are in good hands.