ACN Latitudes Forums

cessation of symptoms when ill

My daughter is mosre often than not asymptomatic with most infections... she does run a low grade fever (the dr never pick it up - but it registers slightly high 99.9 on my home tempral therm... ) in any event I have started to track her temps and will see if I can get a pattern...

to answer your question... I am not sure as I am till figuring this all out with her but when she had her tonsil out in Sept - she was the most peaceful child in the world... no out bursts - no meltdown - no ODD like behaviors.... no asking no checking.... just a normal child....

she had her surgery before I made the PANDAS connection for her but it is interesting that during her recovery she ate next to nothing... not even the popsicles smoothies icies... nothing!!!! she lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks ... she also had what I think was a strange reaction to the pain meds.... they reved her up! the tylenol w/codine made her hyper she couldnt sleep and jut out of surgery they gave her some pain meds... she was still in excructiating pain and then 30 min later gave more morphine.... still in pain and didnt fall asleep the whole day of the surgery... no nap...nothing.... but was in a pleasant mood all things considered.... go figure....

she does defintely ramp up w/ strep infections and other viral infections but the fever does subdue her....

Not sure how this ties in, but my daughter was on the Ketogenic Diet for several years. While reading up on the diet, I learned that the diet is a modification of a starvation diet. They learned, by accident, that seizures declined and/or stopped temporarily in people that were fasting. The high-fat ketogenic diet was created from this concept.

Sharon

That's our neurologist's opinion when I told the stories to him about how my son would not have any symptoms while sick.

Not sure how this ties in, but my daughter was on the Ketogenic Diet for several years. While reading up on the diet, I learned that the diet is a modification of a starvation diet. They learned, by accident, that seizures declined and/or stopped temporarily in people that were fasting. The high-fat ketogenic diet was created from this concept.

Sharon