ACN Latitudes Forums

Do i have OCD

Guest chad

hello, i am 13 years old i think i have ocd. i do many weird things. for example. if i touch something with my right hand i think that i will be killed or my family will, but if i retouch something with my left hand 3 times, that thought will get ignored for a while. i also make weird sounds like lip smacking and mouth noises that sometimes i dont even know i am doing it! also i wonder if you could tell me if something led me to pick out all of my eye lashes because i don't know why i did it, and i still do. sometimes i dont even know i am doing it. i want them to grow back too. but the noises and re touching stuff really bothers me alot. please help

Hi, Chad. It seems like you have made the right diagnosis in thinking you have signs of OCD, based on what you described. Symptoms of pulling out hair also happens sometimes. Have you told someone, like a parent, that you have this problem? It can be treated and you could get some help. I know it's hard to deal with. Please let me know if you have been diagnosed by a doctor or have figured this out by yourself. Best wishes, Sheila

• 1 month later...

My friends say its just in my head and that if i had it i would be on pills. But the thing is I know I have it and yes i would love to go on medication if only i had the guts to tell my parents. I have to keep checking things. Take a light switch for example. If I dont turn it on or off right I have to do it again till i do it right and I have to do this little cough thing I do and count to 3. Its really annoying and if I dont do it right then I will have this constant feeling something bad will happen so sometimes I spend 5 minutes turning off a stupid light switch. Its really annoying and I cant handle it anymore, I burst out in tears thinking im stupid because who takes 5 minutes to turn out a light because if I dont something bad will happen. please help me. Do you think I have OCD?

• 5 months later...

Hello, I also would like to know if I have OCD. I do thing like count while I walk. I cannot eat anything unless it has been cooked. I have to spend at least 30 min in the shower. I rearrange the way people set a table if they do not have the napkin on the left side under a fork. I get extremely angry when people eat with thieir mouths open. I make sure all my books, cds, dvds, and video games are in albetical order. I also move things in school, like straigthening out note books and such. I must have my airfilter running whenever I am in my room. I am a 16 year-old male, and I have been depriving myself of sleep so I will not care so much about the "little things". I need some help, and is there anyway to treat OCD cheaply, I do not wanna have to make my parents pay for too much treatment. I do not think they know also.

Scott, yes it sounds like you have OCD because it is affecting your life so much. Lots of us have little habits, but yours are interfering with your schedule and emotional state. (Jenna also has a problem--you probably can recognize that--I didn't notice her post before.)

There are some things you can try without having your parents pay a lot. (Is there a problem with letting them know? They may have noticed it a bit already.)

Do you have an air filter because of allergies?

What is your other health like? Do you have any other health symptoms--like fatigue (not counting when you don't sleep!) or stomach aches, or headaches etc.?

Write back please and we will see what we can come up with for you. Sheila

• 3 weeks later...

i always feel like i dont look right no matter what i wear. i feel like i am the only one who doesnt look right in clothing and it looks weird on me. i think i feel like i am too chubby and i also feel like clothes fit on me weird compared to everyone else and when i am out i am so uncomfortable because i feel like i look weird in my clothes. i want to get out of this state of mind. i always ask my sister before i go out if i look ok but no matter what people tell me i cant help but feel this way.

i also have little problems like centering things or making things aligned right. sometimes counting and once i start i cant stop or i dont know when to stop. i constantly think about our existence and why we are here and all those kinds of questions go through my head all day.

i also feel people dont like me when i am not hanging out with them. i dont know why i am like this or if this is any kind of ocd but if you can suggest any kind of help that would be great. thanks.

• 2 years later...

hey guys. my name is matt and i m 15 years old.

i in fact DO have ocd. :wacko:

now, i am a guy and i dont cry too much, but i do cry almost everyday due to effin OCD. It sucks. it is so dang stressful. i feel like i stand out like a total freak!!! heck, im even crying right now!!!!!!!!

i make these ridiculous coughing and moaning sounds and threy never stop!! it feels like your not breething if you do not do it!

does any body have any tips?

i also have add, bipolar/deppression, and LOW self esteem!!!

i have taken over 25 deifferent pills from when i was like 5 until now (not al at the same time of course!!)

every time i take a new pill, i feel like my life is perfect, but after about a month, i get side effects, the stop working, and i sometimes wish id never been born!

if anyone has suggestions about the stupid moan while breathing thing PLEASE reply...

IM BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ps. it is really embarrassing sitting in a movie theatre and forcing evreyone to hear "huh-heh-huoh-huh"...you get the idea

PLLLLEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE GIVE TIPS!! I AM BEGGING YOU!!! PLEASE!