ACN Latitudes Forums

The Treatments that have Helped My Son

itsme

as that post was from an unregistered guest here back in 2004, you may not get a reply from them, unless they are still reading here

the feedback I have received re Bonnie's supplements is that they work very well for the majority of people, and we have members here who use them with much success

some find that they may have an initial increase in tics when first starting the Bontech supps, but this seems to quickly give way to beneficial reduction

for some people tho, it seems that the TSplus may have a negative effect.(ie increased tics)......and altho no one has yet definitively found why, a number of posters have suggested that it may be due to sensitivity to some of the ingredients, likely the B vits....but this is a totally subjective evaluation. by example, my son cannot take niacin, folic acid or B12 other than in his multi or via his liquid(sublingual) B Co.........

also

it should be noted that some people with TS seem to tic more with fish oil, whether Bonnie's or any other brand. For those individuals, flaxseed oil seems a better choice

Thank you. I do still have faith in the vitamin program. We are also going to see an Enviromental Dr. next week. Hope to find some answers there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bumping up for new members who have asked about our treatment protocol for my son ;)

ps I have a very heavy work schedule at present re my online business, so may not be posting as many replies...but I am here checking in to Latitudes, throughout the day and will try to answer any specific questions

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Chemar,

I've been reading your posts and I am so happy for your son....I would like to ask you if acupuncture helped stop the tics? And also if you've tried Cranial Sacral Therapy? I take my son to a chiro but all he does is crack his neck and back bones, he doesn't do anything else! Can I ask what kind of adjustments your chiro does for your son? I'm thinking of taking him to acupuncture but wanted to ask if that helps at all with the tics, thanks so much!

Mom&Dad,

Welcome! I have read your post and my heart goes out to you, as i have first hand experience with the pain & frustration of dealing with tics.

Just want to let you know we are doing the alternative treatments that you asked about.

When my son, who was 6 started an acute sudden onset of head tic. I took him to see an acupuncturist. After 2 treatments, i notice the tic started to decrease in frequency. Later we added chiropractic to alleviate pain and realign his neck due to the head tic. The chirop work didn't initially reduce his tic, but later i did start to notice correlation between chirop work & decrease in tic. Shortly after, we added CST but didn't notice much difference. I believe she wasn't very experience, so we dropped that after about 10 treatments.

If you are interested in getting your son acupuncture treatments. I would like to suggest to you find someone who would treat him using acupressure technique because it is much less frightening for a child. Although it was helpful for my son, we had to stop after 7 treatments because he was very upset & stressed out getting his acupuncture treatments.

When our chirop was on leave, i sought out a pediatric chirop. Thru another chirop, she referred me to another family chirop who also does CST, who had treated tics. We have been seeing him since and it seems to help with my son's tics.

We are also doing NAET to desensitize my son from food & environmental allergies. Since my son does not have immediate allergic reaction to food, other than peanuts, so i am not sure how effective it is. However, i do believe it helps with increase tolerance.

Also, i find epsom baths, epsom cream and magnesium very helpful in reducing tics.

Hope this helps.

Patty

Hi Patty, thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely try the acupressure first, I wanted to ask you if your son is now tic free since you've started all his treatments with Acupuncture, NAET and Chiro. Also when you started with acupuncture where did they place the needles? I'm really hoping and praying that I can find something that will work for my son. I'm so thankful for this forum and all the information. It's hard to believe that we are in the year 2007 and still have no cure for this type of illness. Anyway I'm glad you have found some relief for your son, and thanks again for the advice...

Hi Chemar,

I've been reading your posts and I am so happy for your son....I would like to ask you if acupuncture helped stop the tics? And also if you've tried Cranial Sacral Therapy? I take my son to a chiro but all he does is crack his neck and back bones, he doesn't do anything else! Can I ask what kind of adjustments your chiro does for your son? I'm thinking of taking him to acupuncture but wanted to ask if that helps at all with the tics, thanks so much!

Hi M&D :)

my son has genetic Tourette Syndrome and so in all honesty, for him. nothing ever fully "stops the tics" BUT the treatments we have had in place for around 7 years now have without a doubt diminished his tics and OCD, and even his ADD and SID are now far less bothersome to him

According to my son, nothing brings quite the fastest relief for him when he is in waxing mode, than acupuncture and chiropracty, followed by his Epsom Salts bath, which he still takes most nights before bed (He is 171/2 now)

He has actual acupuncture and altho he was nervous of the needles at first (10yo) yet after the first session (and because we have an excellent acupuncture therapist) he actually looks forward to it

Acupressure is very good and certainly worth trying, but the actual placement of the acupuncture needles and their effect on the meridiens is something that IMO cannot be matched by acupressure

I have mentioned many times that I truly believe that, at least when one is dealing with Tourette Syndrome, there is no magic fix and no one treatment is "the" solution...instead it is a combination of factors all working together that makes the most differentce..........in my son's case this was the correct supplements (with magnesium being primary), pure healthy diet with NO artificial ingredients), det0xification from heavy metals and candida, PLUS the remarkable benefit of acupuncture, reflexology, resonance biofeedback and chiropracty

I just wrote something on NeuroTalk re the chiropracty http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?p=127102

Hope that helps and all the best to you

Cheri

Hi M&D

it really depends

my son always gets the central needle at the top of his head

after that, out therapist places needles at meridien points that best help with the SPECIFIC tics or ailments that my son reports to him

I must stress that it is very important to find someone who does clinical acupuncture and is fully certified etc.

The therapist we use is also trained in reflexology, resonance biofeedback, and a number of other techniques which he usually uses simultaneously with the acupuncture as required.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...