ACN Latitudes Forums

OCD & NAET

patty

Just want to let you know that my son is finding relief from his OCD from NAET. We started about couple months ago. Some OCDs have gone away completely, while some have decreased in frequency & repetition to the point that is not bothersome. I am also teaching him cognitive behavior modification, and working on each OCD one at a time.

I should point out that his OCD is fairly mild. And i believe NAET worked because we started treatment early before the brain sets its way.

pat

Patty - Thanks for your response on the other thread. How old is your son? And by OCD, do you mean treating his repetitive tics? My son, for example, does this 1-2-3 chest thrust when he's excited, or squats. To me, that is OCD related. Or are you talking more mental OCD like disturbing thoughts?

Thanks!

Also, congrats on the progress! Very encouraging.

Andrea

Just want to let you know that my son is finding relief from his OCD from NAET. We started about couple months ago. Some OCDs have gone away completely, while some have decreased in frequency & repetition to the point that is not bothersome. I am also teaching him cognitive behavior modification, and working on each OCD one at a time.

I should point out that his OCD is fairly mild. And i believe NAET worked because we started treatment early before the brain sets its way.

pat

thanks to you too,,,,gives me hope....i am glad when i hear so many are having success with NAET...

mamap,

my son has always had minor compulsion since he was little, but it has always been 1 OCD at a time and was easily stopped via CBT. Also, he has mind stuck. Once he is into something, that's all he thinks and talks about. he was also very negative and couldn't get pass hurt feeling. i have to say CBT has helped alot for his negative emotion. he is much more happy and outgoging now that he is 10. However, last summer, he started at least 10 different OCDs, like switch the lite switch off & on, locking the doors repeatedly, moving cups and checking for cracks, handwritting must be on the line otherwise it has to been done repeatedly....

After treating his OCDs via NAET for about 2 months. Some tics are gone and most are not bothersome at this time.

Pat

CSP,

Hi! It has been awhile since we chatted. I have been busy treating my son w/his returned asthma, tics and OCDs. My latest project is correcting his bite issue. I have read alot about tics & bite misalignment connection from this forum and have recently found an ortho in my area who is familiar w/Dr Sims & Stack's work. My son just got his appliance in his mouth today. I will observe and report back to the forum w/result. I hope it all goes well.

I am still dealing w/insomia and chronic pain but happy to say i am better. I am on a homeopathic remedy and i believe it has helped alleviate some pain, worry & anxiety, and finally start to find some balance in my life. I have also started weight training for my pain and it has been helping too. It has been a long 4 years for me and i am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope all our kids here will outgrow this after adolescent years.

And how are you doing? I don't see you on the broad as often.

Pat

Pat,

That's great to hear. I'm a fan of NAET and have found it helpful for some problems as well. Could you share what type of vials the treatments are that are helping with OCD? A lot of people do NAET for food, but I know they have a lot of other more "funky" vials, and very curious what it is you're using.

Michael

Michael,

We started w/the OCD vial, and my son had to treat it 3 times and still did not pass. However, he was not as weak to it. So our practitioner decided to move on to other emotion vials, like frustration, anxiety....

While my son is holding the vial, she had him talk about the various OCDs that bother him at the same time she is going thru the various pressure points to clear his meridians.

I speculate that some of the OCD issues that did not resolved because they are tics. One of my son's compulsions is smelling his fingers and after treating it via the OCD vial, it did not have any improvement.

My son started wearing his retainer to correct his bite this Friday and he had a NAET treatment this Sat., and tonite 2 compulsions increased. Michael, since you are familiar w/NAET & bite adjustment retainer. Do you think the spike in the compulsions may be due to the retainer?

Thx for your feedback.

Pat

Pat,

How interesting about the OCD vial, will have to give that a try at some point. Right now, working on PANDAS and treatment for various infections such as bacteria. Come to think of it, I think a number of years ago my NAET person at the time did go through a couple of emotion vials with me.

Regarding the device to change the bite. Are the compulsions at all related to the mouth ... I mean, if now he has a compulsion to wipe his finger around the inside of his cheek (just to make something up) ... maybe it's just part of getting used to the device in the mouth. I remember it being quite a bit of an adjustment period physically, and also in terms of learning how to talk again and learning how to not drool all the time (7 months later, I still drool occasionally while cooking). Perhaps the anxiety of learning how talk differently, eat differently (if eating while it's in; I can't do that, but some can), and all that is just causing it?

I really didn't experience any compulsions or anything like that while starting with my device. The good results came pretty quickly and were noticeable. For me, what I got was lower heart rate and overall more relaxed and less worrying, it was obvious in 2 days. That was really nice, although admittedly not nearly all that I was dreaming it would be (and now I see some reasons why with the PANDAS/infection route). I have seen with others, in generaly, whatever people get out of them, it tends to come pretty quickly. That makes me concerned about the possibility of somehow the adjustment being a bad one, if it's causing compulsions, unless there is some other reason for them, such as what I suggested above.

Could the NAET treatment on Friday possibly have something to do with it? What was it for? When I have been treated with NAET for infections like strep and lyme and mycoplasma pneumonia, it caused coughing (for the first infection I treated) and increased coughing (for subsequent treatments), like my body started fighting these things now. So, sometimes these treatments can cause reactions that are a little bit counter-intuitive, and you might think about that as well.

Michael

Michael,

Thx for your feedback.

My son was treated for adrenaline on Sat via NAET. The 2 compulsions that intensified are turning on/off the left & right faucet after washing his hands and lifting & closing the toilet lid and seat after using it. After treating via NAET, he only needed to do the compulsion mostly once or twice, but last nite he did them 6/8 times. And when he tried to leave after the the faucet compulsion, he had to actually walked back from another room to do it again. He repeated it about 3 times yesterday.

After NAET, my son's symptoms sometimes aggravate. For example, we treated various things for his asthma and ezcema came back and lasted a good couple of months.

With the mouth retainer, i am not sure what to expect. The orthodontist said my son may experience aggravations, if so, by adjusting the retainer it may take away the symptoms. Also, he talks alot about substance P. The retainer will decrease the production of sub P, thereby reducing my son's allergic reaction to help w/food & environmental allergies and asthma and reducing his overall sensitivities to help w/tics, sensory issues, OCD.... Since my son has a severe underbite, the misalignment of the jaws casues havoc on his nervous system. I do hope that the jaw misalignment is one of the missing piece to his tics & OCD, besides correcting the underbite and speech problem.

One interesting observation. When my son was wearing the retainer at the orthod office that was not adjusted exactly right, it actually spiked his facial tics involving the eyes, nose & mouth. And the tics stopped when the retainer is removed almost instanteously. So i am thinking there is a connection between his tics & jaws.

Do you mind me ask you why & what emotion vials you were treated for? And did you resolve your issues after the NAET emotion treatments? Our practitioner has not treated anyone w/OCD before but she has treated others w/emotional issues. I am thinking about using some of the emotion vials to treat my son's tics that have OCD tendency. What do you think?

Pat

Pat,

My treatments for the emotion vials were several years ago, and I really don't remember which ones they were. But, I really didn't notice any results from those treatments. I mentioned this idea to my current NAET person, and she said she actually has a different approach (not NAET) that she prefers to use on emotions, something Japanese, and something about connecting left arm with right leg and right arm with left leg, and the things that connect the meridians together.

On trying the emotion vials with your son, seems like it's worth a try. A lot of the trick with NAET seems to be getting at the root cause, and then fixing up the edges that were messed up because the root was messed up. Perhaps OCD and then emotions is what it is for him. Hard to know, I think. I also like to do the ones that you test really really weak for, taking that as a clue of importance as well.

Michael

Michael,

Thx for your feedback.

My son was treated for adrenaline on Sat via NAET. The 2 compulsions that intensified are turning on/off the left & right faucet after washing his hands and lifting & closing the toilet lid and seat after using it. After treating via NAET, he only needed to do the compulsion mostly once or twice, but last nite he did them 6/8 times. And when he tried to leave after the the faucet compulsion, he had to actually walked back from another room to do it again. He repeated it about 3 times yesterday.

After NAET, my son's symptoms sometimes aggravate. For example, we treated various things for his asthma and ezcema came back and lasted a good couple of months.

With the mouth retainer, i am not sure what to expect. The orthodontist said my son may experience aggravations, if so, by adjusting the retainer it may take away the symptoms. Also, he talks alot about substance P. The retainer will decrease the production of sub P, thereby reducing my son's allergic reaction to help w/food & environmental allergies and asthma and reducing his overall sensitivities to help w/tics, sensory issues, OCD.... Since my son has a severe underbite, the misalignment of the jaws casues havoc on his nervous system. I do hope that the jaw misalignment is one of the missing piece to his tics & OCD, besides correcting the underbite and speech problem.

One interesting observation. When my son was wearing the retainer at the orthod office that was not adjusted exactly right, it actually spiked his facial tics involving the eyes, nose & mouth. And the tics stopped when the retainer is removed almost instanteously. So i am thinking there is a connection between his tics & jaws.

Do you mind me ask you why & what emotion vials you were treated for? And did you resolve your issues after the NAET emotion treatments? Our practitioner has not treated anyone w/OCD before but she has treated others w/emotional issues. I am thinking about using some of the emotion vials to treat my son's tics that have OCD tendency. What do you think?

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please describe NAET therapy for me? I mentioned this to my naturopath and he made it sound like it was accupuncture. But from what I just read it sounds more like kinesiology/muscle testing?

I would really like to learn more .....

Thanks!

Can someone please describe NAET therapy for me? I mentioned this to my naturopath and he made it sound like it was accupuncture. But from what I just read it sounds more like kinesiology/muscle testing?

I would really like to learn more .....

Thanks!

It is acupuncture. They have the energies of various foods, other substances, emotions, and so on, magically stuck in various vials. If you muscle test bad for it, they reset your immune system by applying acupressure along the spine, and then give 8 needles, 2 in each hand/foot area. The needles stay in while you hold the vial. After 20 minutes or however long the particular practitioner has you wait, they take the needles back, take back the vial, you're supposed to avoid the substance for 25 hours, and then the allergy is supposedly permanently gone.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
mamap,

my son has always had minor compulsion since he was little, but it has always been 1 OCD at a time and was easily stopped via CBT. Also, he has mind stuck. Once he is into something, that's all he thinks and talks about. he was also very negative and couldn't get pass hurt feeling. i have to say CBT has helped alot for his negative emotion. he is much more happy and outgoging now that he is 10. However, last summer, he started at least 10 different OCDs, like switch the lite switch off & on, locking the doors repeatedly, moving cups and checking for cracks, handwritting must be on the line otherwise it has to been done repeatedly....

After treating his OCDs via NAET for about 2 months. Some tics are gone and most are not bothersome at this time.

Pat

Pat

Along with the NAET when you mention CBT is this through a therapist or you helping him?

Mar