ACN Latitudes Forums

Diet Cheating/Bonnie's TS vitamins/Squatting tic

Hi all -

I can't thank this forum enough for all the help it has given. I wrote to Chemar privately about ordering Bonnie Grimaldi's vitamins, but I'd LOVE to hear some success stories with them. I could use a lift!

I was wondeing, for those of you who do the clean diet, if you cheat at all? We try to stay away from offending foods, but the past 3 months we've been more lax with parties and stuff. I'm wondering if:

1. Dominic's tics are higher because of the cheating or...

2. If it's becuase he's 7 and they are being kicked up into high gear.

I want to live a balanced life. I don't want to say "NO" forever to stuff. But... are any of you believers that cheating here and there can poison the good work you've done cleaning out the system?

Finally, my son has started this super annoying squatting tic when he's excited. Looks like he is farting! So awful. I know it will pass (no pun intended!) but I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this. It seems very OCD to me... hoping that Bonnie's vitamins can help. Perhaps GABA or Inositol, but I'm not as good as Chemar and many of you when it comes to figuring out what pills when and how much. I'd love to do just a packaged deal, even if it costs more.

Thanks for listening. Would really appreciate some feedback here.

Andrea

I was wondeing, for those of you who do the clean diet, if you cheat at all? We try to stay away from offending foods, but the past 3 months we've been more lax with parties and stuff. I'm wondering if:

1. Dominic's tics are higher because of the cheating or...

2. If it's becuase he's 7 and they are being kicked up into high gear.

My experience was you'd notice tics etc within the hour, and they'd pass (lessen in frequency,etc again) by next day

others experience might be different?

We did an anti fungal diet to eliminated my son's symptoms in 2007. In the beginning he was very reactive and the slightest exposure could send him ticcing for 5 days up to 2 1/2 weeks depending on what it was and how much he got. His biggest triggers were excitotoxins-- artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, and corn when it came to the neurological manifestations. Highly processed corn like High Fructose Corn Syrup was the worst. He also had digestive too, which we learned as we went along, and when his gut healed it seemed that his tolerance improved. He no longer has neuro symptoms but does react still when he gets any of the above with red circles under his eyes, sleeplessness, puffiness, and recently, a migraine headache after eating candy at school.

Our story is here:

Scientists have discovered that Celiac Disease Can be the Root Cause of most Neurological Disorders

and here:

Can Natural Treatments Help Alleviate a Chronic Multifocal Tic Disorder?

Our first year saw a lot of wax and wane periods. Our second year saw much improvement but still some neuro on occasion. Our third year so far has been neuro free but still on strict organic all natural gluten and corn free diet.

We used Bonnie's vitamins in the first year and I believe they helped a lot, but our son was less than 40 lbs and had to take 8-10 a day to help with symptoms. He eventually developed a salicylate sensitivity and so I decided to try the diet and wean him off of the high doses. He now takes a maintenance dose and is doing fine.

re Bonnies vits, can anyone tell me how large the capsules are? large? small?

Its one thing I'v not tried because I know some say the taste cannot be masked too well if you open the capsules. my son can swallow small capsules, maybe a little bigger than a tic tac, but he won't swallow a larger pill or capsule.

re Bonnies vits, can anyone tell me how large the capsules are? large? small?

Its one thing I'v not tried because I know some say the taste cannot be masked too well if you open the capsules. my son can swallow small capsules, maybe a little bigger than a tic tac, but he won't swallow a larger pill or capsule.

The pills are larger than tic tics. Maybe the size of 2. They are normally sized for an adult, so if pill swallowing is difficult there have been some posts about creative ways people have used the supplements (mixing with other foods, hiding in Peanut butter, etc...). I've never had to do this, but the pills would be easy to open and add the powder to other foods. Honestly, my son has never complained about any after taste. I remember reading that and being leery. While he complains about not wanting to take the pills, this is just him trying to exercise control and he always takes them for me & for the school nurse. We have had tremendous success with the supplements since our start in August of 2009. My son is 10 and should need to take the max. dosage each day..but we do well with 9-10 pills a day. Basically 3 with each meal. I wish you much success!

We did an anti fungal diet to eliminated my son's symptoms in 2007. In the beginning he was very reactive and the slightest exposure could send him ticcing for 5 days up to 2 1/2 weeks depending on what it was and how much he got. His biggest triggers were excitotoxins-- artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, and corn when it came to the neurological manifestations. Highly processed corn like High Fructose Corn Syrup was the worst. He also had digestive too, which we learned as we went along, and when his gut healed it seemed that his tolerance improved. He no longer has neuro symptoms but does react still when he gets any of the above with red circles under his eyes, sleeplessness, puffiness, and recently, a migraine headache after eating candy at school.

Our story is here:

Scientists have discovered that Celiac Disease Can be the Root Cause of most Neurological Disorders

and here:

Can Natural Treatments Help Alleviate a Chronic Multifocal Tic Disorder?

Our first year saw a lot of wax and wane periods. Our second year saw much improvement but still some neuro on occasion. Our third year so far has been neuro free but still on strict organic all natural gluten and corn free diet.

We used Bonnie's vitamins in the first year and I believe they helped a lot, but our son was less than 40 lbs and had to take 8-10 a day to help with symptoms. He eventually developed a salicylate sensitivity and so I decided to try the diet and wean him off of the high doses. He now takes a maintenance dose and is doing fine.

Our son has a very similar story, he is on Bonnies still, as well as Natural Calm, but cleaning up his diet and doing gluten free has stopped all his body and limb movements for over 2 years. His first tics were just after he turned 8 and today he turns 11. My mom is extreme celiac, with much different symptoms then my son. He still gets some eye tics such as blinks and eyebrow movements, but this seems more to do with playing video games. We did NAET, blood work, etc and I cannot say if the NAET treatments were successful or not. As far as diet now, eggs showed up as the worst on his Igg test, and even though he was supposed to be "cured" with NAET, his eyes will get black circles when he has too much.

This is still a journey, but the road is a least a bit more familiar then it was 3 years ago!

Lenny