ACN Latitudes Forums

Living in Lower Alabama

Hi,

Have a son with autism and lots of symptoms of PANDAS. Our regular Ped told us a few years ago that a blood test that we had done for something else indicated to him PANDAS or gave him some hint of it, I can't remember at this moment but he said that his numbers were somewhere around 600 or so, I am heavily researching this now because of stomach issues and severe noise sensitivity like a roller coaster ride sometimes (noise sensitivity all the time) was wondering if there is a web site that I could get some really good info for our Ped to read and which Dr. is close to us that we might could see? I did not find any on the list that were in Alabama or Mississippi, we are closer to Florida and saw a couple that some of you have used, Dr. Smith and Dr. Murphy. I have found two Dr. Murphy's in Florida I am not sure which one is the one for PANDAS. Thank you for any info and help :(

Lotafaith

Hi,

Have a son with autism and lots of symptoms of PANDAS. Our regular Ped told us a few years ago that a blood test that we had done for something else indicated to him PANDAS or gave him some hint of it, I can't remember at this moment but he said that his numbers were somewhere around 600 or so, I am heavily researching this now because of stomach issues and severe noise sensitivity like a roller coaster ride sometimes (noise sensitivity all the time) was wondering if there is a web site that I could get some really good info for our Ped to read and which Dr. is close to us that we might could see? I did not find any on the list that were in Alabama or Mississippi, we are closer to Florida and saw a couple that some of you have used, Dr. Smith and Dr. Murphy. I have found two Dr. Murphy's in Florida I am not sure which one is the one for PANDAS. Thank you for any info and help -_-

Lotafaith

Lotafaith,

We saw David Adams, MD in Birmingham for the past several years. I can tell you he has some experience with PANDAS. He's also a DAN! doc which certainly is a great thing if your son is autistic. Dr. Adams is no stranger to working with gut and sensory issues. I, however, was unsuccessful in gaining a trial of abx that so many people have had success with on this board. I did find Dr. Adams to be very intelligent and highly dedicated to his ASD population. I know my son was not his only PANDAS patient. I suspect he'll be at the AutismOne Conference in May and he'll gain even more knowledge on PANDAS. By that time I hope to be able to communicate my son's success with antibiotics back to him for the benefit of others in his practice. Best wishes to you and your family.

Gat's mom

HI,

Thank you so much for your response, we use to live in Tuscaloosa but moved down here just for the programs for autism. Birmingham isn't to far maybe 6 hours or so but was looking at maybe trying to see the dr. in Florida that would prescribe the abx that we are wanting to try. good luck with dr. Adams, we may have to see him eventually. does anyone use probiotics and if so what kind?

Thank you,

Lotafaith

Hi,

Have a son with autism and lots of symptoms of PANDAS. Our regular Ped told us a few years ago that a blood test that we had done for something else indicated to him PANDAS or gave him some hint of it, I can't remember at this moment but he said that his numbers were somewhere around 600 or so, I am heavily researching this now because of stomach issues and severe noise sensitivity like a roller coaster ride sometimes (noise sensitivity all the time) was wondering if there is a web site that I could get some really good info for our Ped to read and which Dr. is close to us that we might could see? I did not find any on the list that were in Alabama or Mississippi, we are closer to Florida and saw a couple that some of you have used, Dr. Smith and Dr. Murphy. I have found two Dr. Murphy's in Florida I am not sure which one is the one for PANDAS. Thank you for any info and help :wacko:

Lotafaith

Lotafaith,

We saw David Adams, MD in Birmingham for the past several years. I can tell you he has some experience with PANDAS. He's also a DAN! doc which certainly is a great thing if your son is autistic. Dr. Adams is no stranger to working with gut and sensory issues. I, however, was unsuccessful in gaining a trial of abx that so many people have had success with on this board. I did find Dr. Adams to be very intelligent and highly dedicated to his ASD population. I know my son was not his only PANDAS patient. I suspect he'll be at the AutismOne Conference in May and he'll gain even more knowledge on PANDAS. By that time I hope to be able to communicate my son's success with antibiotics back to him for the benefit of others in his practice. Best wishes to you and your family.

Gat's mom

HI,

Thank you so much for your response, we use to live in Tuscaloosa but moved down here just for the programs for autism. Birmingham isn't to far maybe 6 hours or so but was looking at maybe trying to see the dr. in Florida that would prescribe the abx that we are wanting to try. good luck with dr. Adams, we may have to see him eventually. does anyone use probiotics and if so what kind?

Thank you,

Lotafaith

Hi,

Have a son with autism and lots of symptoms of PANDAS. Our regular Ped told us a few years ago that a blood test that we had done for something else indicated to him PANDAS or gave him some hint of it, I can't remember at this moment but he said that his numbers were somewhere around 600 or so, I am heavily researching this now because of stomach issues and severe noise sensitivity like a roller coaster ride sometimes (noise sensitivity all the time) was wondering if there is a web site that I could get some really good info for our Ped to read and which Dr. is close to us that we might could see? I did not find any on the list that were in Alabama or Mississippi, we are closer to Florida and saw a couple that some of you have used, Dr. Smith and Dr. Murphy. I have found two Dr. Murphy's in Florida I am not sure which one is the one for PANDAS. Thank you for any info and help :wacko:

Lotafaith

Lotafaith,

Gat's mom

Dr. Adams started my son on Therabiotic Detox Support by Klaire Labs. I buy it from The Wellness Pharmacy in Birmingham and they ship it to me cold.