ACN Latitudes Forums

Blood draws

abbe

Hello,

Just wondering how many vials of blood were taken from your children and what tests did you run for?? I am thinking of getting blood drawn to test for mycoplasma infection> I just don't want to test for everything under the sun and subject my son to to much blood being drawn.

thanks

abbe

abbe,

The last bloodwork we recently did thru our DAN doc was for quite a number of things, and the IGG's and IGM's for mycoplasma p. were in there as well, but there was some other things the doc was looking for too. The tech took NINE vials of blood from my little 55 pounder. he was great, but he did feel a little faint at the end and had to lie down for a bit. For just the IGG and IGM stuff, I'm guessing it would be maybe two vials, .. maybe the others who have had that can say.

Did you mention before that your son already tested positive for mycoplasma? were you able to make contact with the doctor?

Faith

Faith,

Nicholas tested positive for Mycoplasma by Dr.Chung but he only did that through muscle testing. The thing is every time Dr.Chung has said he was positive for it his tics were back. Then he gives me these holistic vials and all ticcing goes away. Soooooo I don't know if I want to put him through all of that blood work. He used to get blood work when he was as chop and HATED it. So I am waiting to talk to dr.Chung this week. I did talk to dr. T. last week. He seemed very nice. He wanted to put him through the blood work though.

abbe

abbe- my kids HATE blood draws (that is acutally an understatement )

I have an unwritten policy where, unless the blood test is going to alter our treatment route- I do try to avoid it. Doctors don't always understand how hard it is for the kiddos and the parents, and they do like to see numbers.

That being said- some things have to be ruled out and tested, and certainly mycoplasma pneumo would be one. I would get out your chrystal ball and try to figure out what type of testing will be needed in the near and somewhat further down the road future- so you can do one stick, and that is it. For my kids the pre and post anxiety are MUCH worse that the actual moment the blood is being drawn (although that is no picnic, either).

Good luck.

abbe- my kids HATE blood draws (that is acutally an understatement )

I have an unwritten policy where, unless the blood test is going to alter our treatment route- I do try to avoid it. Doctors don't always understand how hard it is for the kiddos and the parents, and they do like to see numbers.

That being said- some things have to be ruled out and tested, and certainly mycoplasma pneumo would be one. I would get out your chrystal ball and try to figure out what type of testing will be needed in the near and somewhat further down the road future- so you can do one stick, and that is it. For my kids the pre and post anxiety are MUCH worse that the actual moment the blood is being drawn (although that is no picnic, either).

Good luck.

Thanks and I hear ya loud and clear on that.

abbe