ACN Latitudes Forums

Update on Diet

mar

Hi everyone,

Iwanted to give an update on my ds after being on a strict diet for the past 28 days. Just to give a little history he has been stuffy, sneezing, pale, bags under eyes, tired looking since the end of Aug. Worst ever! He has been ticcing more then ever during this time (eyes, licking lips, shoulder pullling shirt, stretching neck, opening mouth) though luckily not all at once. Though at times depending on what he ate it did. But the tics lasted for months or so which has never happened before and had issues with emotions (anger, rage, sadness, etc.) He is allergic to molds, hayfever, yeast, dogs, oak trees, grasses, milk, egg whites, green beans, cashews along with 28 different sensitivites. Anyway, after being on this diet I am happy to say his ticks have vanished!!! He does do the occasional pulling shirt on shoulder when excited or nervous once or twice but nothing like it used to be. His emotions have greatly improved also. The anger, rages etc. must have been due to the tics because he is much better now. He no longer lays on the floor or rolls on his head or just sits there in a strage position. Hasn't done this in weeks. I feel that this diet is really helping him. He has recently snuck a snack from someone at school and I could tell right away (jumpy and looks nervous) and he admits (don't know if its because of the food or if he is nervous that he did something he shouldn't have). Anyway, I am so greatful that things are looking better and pray that they continue. He still has some minor OCD that comes and goes, but nothing like it used to be. Thanks to this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar

Hi everyone,

Iwanted to give an update on my ds after being on a strict diet for the past 28 days. Just to give a little history he has been stuffy, sneezing, pale, bags under eyes, tired looking since the end of Aug. Worst ever! He has been ticcing more then ever during this time (eyes, licking lips, shoulder pullling shirt, stretching neck, opening mouth) though luckily not all at once. Though at times depending on what he ate it did. But the tics lasted for months or so which has never happened before and had issues with emotions (anger, rage, sadness, etc.) He is allergic to molds, hayfever, yeast, dogs, oak trees, grasses, milk, egg whites, green beans, cashews along with 28 different sensitivites. Anyway, after being on this diet I am happy to say his ticks have vanished!!! He does do the occasional pulling shirt on shoulder when excited or nervous once or twice but nothing like it used to be. His emotions have greatly improved also. The anger, rages etc. must have been due to the tics because he is much better now. He no longer lays on the floor or rolls on his head or just sits there in a strage position. Hasn't done this in weeks. I feel that this diet is really helping him. He has recently snuck a snack from someone at school and I could tell right away (jumpy and looks nervous) and he admits (don't know if its because of the food or if he is nervous that he did something he shouldn't have). Anyway, I am so greatful that things are looking better and pray that they continue. He still has some minor OCD that comes and goes, but nothing like it used to be. Thanks to this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar

I'm happy to hear things are going well. It seems we are battling some of the same issues...stuffy, sneezing, pale, circles under eyes. My ds tics seem very allergy related, pulling at hose or eye lids, scratching face at times. No OCD or rages. 23 food sensitivies and allergic to molds. We are on a strict diet here as well. The only time my son tics is when he is excited or anticipating something, like when he is about to read or a book or watch a show, I think it has to do with his neurotransmitters as well.

Mar, I am so happy for you!!!!!

If you don't mind me (re)asking...

what are you elminating again......just salicylates?

And did you say that that did NOT show up on his tests?

your boys tics sound the same as mine.

Thanks ,,,,,and again HORRAY

And how strict are you on this....is it just the main fruits or are you eliminating apples and almonds and any additives/chemicals that have saliciylates?

Mar, I am so happy for you!!!!!

If you don't mind me (re)asking...

what are you elminating again......just salicylates?

And did you say that that did NOT show up on his tests?

your boys tics sound the same as mine.

Thanks ,,,,,and again HORRAY

And how strict are you on this....is it just the main fruits or are you eliminating apples and almonds and any additives/chemicals that have saliciylates?

Fixit

We are very strict and have been for a month. He is wheat, yeast, soy, potato, all dairy, egg, gluten, all citrus (oranges, grapefruit, lemon showed up on IgG), and tomato free. I think I got it all! Anyway he also dose'nt do apples and grapes, actually he is off of all fruits because Iwe are trying to do yeast free diet with no sugars. We are doing no preservatives, chemicals or dyes. His wheat and gluten was borderline on the IgG so we decided to just take it out for a bit. He did not show sentivities to apples or grapes but did take them out anyway. I do beleive that apples make him more hyper and jumpy but will have to try that one again on him to see how he reacts. It has been a very hard month as you can see he can't eat anything. I made some pancakes last night and put eggs in them (wanted to give him something new) they were wheat, dairy, gluten, casein, peanut, corn, soy free. but I think the eggs must of done something since he woke up with a stuffy nose and some sneezing. But like I mentioned his facial tics are not showing up. Only shoulder moving when excited or nervous. Thinking back when he would try to hold his mouth shut because he could'nt stop opening it and crying about his lips being so chapped from licking to now just puts a smile on my face. I finally feel like I could help him in some way even if its temporary (hopefully not). I do understand that he will tic but now I feel that we might be able to help with the severity and it seems to be working (I'm crossing my fingers!). I hope this answers your questions. Forgot to mention he is on probiotics and a mutlivitamin daily.

Mar

Hi everyone,

Mar

I'm happy to hear things are going well. It seems we are battling some of the same issues...stuffy, sneezing, pale, circles under eyes. My ds tics seem very allergy related, pulling at hose or eye lids, scratching face at times. No OCD or rages. 23 food sensitivies and allergic to molds. We are on a strict diet here as well. The only time my son tics is when he is excited or anticipating something, like when he is about to read or a book or watch a show, I think it has to do with his neurotransmitters as well.

Yes we are. I do recall reading some of your earlier posts and though the same thing. My sons stuffiness and sneezing has gone away with the diet has yours?? He still looks a little pale at times but I'm hoping its because of winter and not enough sun these days. The bags come and go. But yes he mainly tics when he is excited or anticipates something as well. When he reads to himself he doesn't tic but when I read he has the occasional shoulder movement. I think he gets excited. He also occasionlly does the holding breath tic which seems to happen only when he wakes up and is laying in bed. But I lay next to him and we breath deeply and calmly together and it seems to help especially when I throw in a joke or do something funny

which cracks him up and gets the edge off of whatever he is thinking.

Mar