ACN Latitudes Forums

NAET for PANDAS

I had a recent phone consult with Dr. K., and he believes my PANDAS is from mycoplasma pneumonia. I will be starting on clarithromycin, probably on Monday. In the meantime, if the theory of this disease is auto-immunity from bad anti-bodies, I thought I'd try NAET to treat the "allergy" to the buggies. Finally gave this a try today. My NAET practitioner had 4 separate bacterias we tested. I tested okay for one (don't remember name), and bad for 3--one was mycoplasma pneumonia (tested worse for), one was strep (next to worst response), and the third I don't remember. All this testing was done at least single-blind, then she read the names off and results after we were done with them all. We treated just the mycoplasma pneumonia today. Since I'll be starting antibiotics in just a few days, not sure how much we'll be able to tell happened as a result of the NAET, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Michael

I had a recent phone consult with Dr. K., and he believes my PANDAS is from mycoplasma pneumonia. I will be starting on clarithromycin, probably on Monday. In the meantime, if the theory of this disease is auto-immunity from bad anti-bodies, I thought I'd try NAET to treat the "allergy" to the buggies. Finally gave this a try today. My NAET practitioner had 4 separate bacterias we tested. I tested okay for one (don't remember name), and bad for 3--one was mycoplasma pneumonia (tested worse for), one was strep (next to worst response), and the third I don't remember. All this testing was done at least single-blind, then she read the names off and results after we were done with them all. We treated just the mycoplasma pneumonia today. Since I'll be starting antibiotics in just a few days, not sure how much we'll be able to tell happened as a result of the NAET, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Michael

It is worth a try. I understand the concept of one new therapy at a time but that's hard to stick by when you are suffering, particularly when not all of the new therapies are invasive in nature. Good for you. NAET is another option that we have yet to explore but one that I continue to consider. Interesting, and promising, that you tested positive for the bugs that Dr. K is also treating. I'd call that a step in the right direction. Keep us posted, I think this is very interesting work.

Gat's mom

Michael

I apoligize in advance if this is a stupid question..... but what is NAET?

helpmyson,

Oh, yes, sorry. NAET is not well known. It stands for Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique. The technique involves holding the "allergic" item during very specific acupuncture (certain points are used) and then avoiding the item for 25 hours following treatment. It is most commonly used for food allergies/sensitivities. But, I was thinking, for those looking at PANDAS as autoimmunity, a bad reaction to strep or other infection, why not treat the bacteria or whatever with NAET so your body stops "improperly fighting" that item.

Michael

Hello,

Without giving too much of an explanation,

I think it would be wise to not add any more variables than are necessary. 1 cook at a time.

You may be correct about trying (NAET). This is what you feel, but like you stated; " Since I'll be starting antibiotics in just a few days, not sure how much we'll be able to tell happened as a result of the NAET,".

Doctor K has been right on the money for my son (4), and i would, if i were you, let him work his magic.

All the best to you

-John

my youngest has no tics now

Btw I now plan to explore what NAET is, considering my little one is allergic to many things.