ACN Latitudes Forums

Can someone PLEASE answer

Mycoplasma 524 high

Mpneumoniae 770 low positive

IGm 950 positive

What does this mean?????????

PM Buster, in case he is off-line for a few days. He knows everything!

Ha, funny, ...

Problem is we don't know the lab standards or which test was done. Call your lab/doctor and ask what the normal ranges are.

If it was the IgM then see:

https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/!ut/...2fshowDetail.do

Test Number: 163212 CPT Code: 86738

Specimen: Serum

Volume: 1 mL

Minimum Volume: 0.5 mL

Container: Red-top tube or gel-barrier tube

Storage Instructions: Maintain specimen at room temperature.

Causes for Rejection: Hemolysis; lipemia; gross bacterial contamination

Reference Interval: Negative: <770 units/mL

Use: Aid in the diagnosis of atypical pneumonia and Stevens-Johnson syndrome by providing laboratory support for a Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection. Results must be interpreted in light of each patient's history, physical examination, and other diagnostic findings.

Limitations: The absorbent used in this assay removes as much as 15 mg/mL of human IgG, but the presence of residual IgG in individuals with hypergammaglobulinemia may affect results adversely.

Methodology: Enzyme immunoassay (EIA)

Additional Information: Low positive results (770-950 units/mL) are presumptive evidence of acute or recent infection. It is recommended that the test be repeated on a fresh specimen one to two weeks later to assure reactivity. Specific IgM may persist for several months after initial infection or be absent during reinfection.

References: Ali NJ, Sillis M, Andrews BE, et al, ”The Clinical Spectrum and Diagnosis of Mycoplasma pneumoniae Infection,” Q J Med, 1986, 58:227, 241. 3737868

Levy M, Shear NH, ”Mycoplasma pneumoniae Infections and Stevens-Johnson Syndrome: Report of Eight Cases and Review of the Literature,” Clin Pediatr (Phila), 1991, 30(1):42-9 (review).1899814

PM Buster, in case he is off-line for a few days. He knows everything!

Ha, funny, ...

Problem is we don't know the lab standards or which test was done. Call your lab/doctor and ask what the normal ranges are.

If it was the IgM then see:

https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/!ut/...2fshowDetail.do

Test Number: 163212 CPT Code: 86738

Specimen: Serum

Volume: 1 mL

Oh No ,

More Confused Thanks for trying . We need to make a forum for the scientifically challenged.

PS I think I have some good news Ill tell tomorrow

Melanie

Minimum Volume: 0.5 mL

Container: Red-top tube or gel-barrier tube

Storage Instructions: Maintain specimen at room temperature.

Causes for Rejection: Hemolysis; lipemia; gross bacterial contamination

Reference Interval: Negative: <770 units/mL

Use: Aid in the diagnosis of atypical pneumonia and Stevens-Johnson syndrome by providing laboratory support for a Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection. Results must be interpreted in light of each patient's history, physical examination, and other diagnostic findings.

Limitations: The absorbent used in this assay removes as much as 15 mg/mL of human IgG, but the presence of residual IgG in individuals with hypergammaglobulinemia may affect results adversely.

Methodology: Enzyme immunoassay (EIA)

Additional Information: Low positive results (770-950 units/mL) are presumptive evidence of acute or recent infection. It is recommended that the test be repeated on a fresh specimen one to two weeks later to assure reactivity. Specific IgM may persist for several months after initial infection or be absent during reinfection.

References: Ali NJ, Sillis M, Andrews BE, et al, ”The Clinical Spectrum and Diagnosis of Mycoplasma pneumoniae Infection,” Q J Med, 1986, 58:227, 241. 3737868

Levy M, Shear NH, ”Mycoplasma pneumoniae Infections and Stevens-Johnson Syndrome: Report of Eight Cases and Review of the Literature,” Clin Pediatr (Phila), 1991, 30(1):42-9 (review).1899814

Oh No ,

More Confused Thanks for trying . We need to make a forum for the scientifically challenged.

Melanie

Oh No ,

Melanie

Let me translate. If your doctor did an IgM test, then the test came back positive and your child had mycoplasma pseumonia within last 4-6 weeks.

Oh No ,

Melanie

Let me translate. If your doctor did an IgM test, then the test came back positive and your child had mycoplasma pseumonia within last 4-6 weeks.

So Buster again you are saing Danny has had pseumonia or some form of it and I didnt know ?? I cant believe how I cant comprehend this..

Melanie

I think what he is saying is in you original post you said

IGm 950 positive

Buster said

If your doctor did an IgM test, then the test came back positive and your child had mycoplasma pseumonia within last 4-6 weeks.

So, you say it came back +, that leads me to infer that he had MP in the last 4-6 weeks. I can't recall over the last month or 2 did he have a cough at all?

I think what he is saying is in you original post you said
IGm 950 positive

Buster said

If your doctor did an IgM test, then the test came back positive and your child had mycoplasma pseumonia within last 4-6 weeks.
So, you say it came back +, that leads me to infer that he had MP in the last 4-6 weeks. I can't recall over the last month or 2 did he have a cough at all?

Nope no cough not even an ear infection He did say his throat hurt I took him to the DR for a strep test but of course it was negitive

Melanie

When the dr looked in my son's throat he said it looked red,but he also heard something in his lungs or chest. He had/has a cough. His rapid for strep came back negative, we are waiting on the culture. I read that with MP it can take 3 weeks from contracting it for the cough to develop! Scary.