ACN Latitudes Forums

Probiotic suggestions please

dcmom

We have been doing one culturelle capsule per child everyday. I am interested in what others are doing. My children cannot swallow pills and are picky eaters...

If you can suggest a brand, dose, and how you administer- that would be great!

Thanx.

Dr T told me to get florestor I got it at Costco behind the pharmacy area

We have been doing one culturelle capsule per child everyday. I am interested in what others are doing. My children cannot swallow pills and are picky eaters...

If you can suggest a brand, dose, and how you administer- that would be great!

Thanx.

Dr T told me to get florestor I got it at Costco behind the pharmacy area

I have been known to open probiotic capsules and mix into kefir or yogurt. Normally they are taken on an empty stomach but our DAN! said that this was the next best thing.

Well, of course you can empty out the contents of a really strong one from Klaire or Rhinebeck Health into something else they drink or eat. They use capsules too.

Then there is Threelac, which blends with water. A citrusy quality. But it's not cheap.

Not sure how potent either Culterelle or Florastor are in comparison to the heavy hitters. Many probiotics do not have lactobacillus plantarus and so that requires a separate tablet.

Klaire Labs is a good one with about 5 billion cfu's. I use two of them, one called Vita Plex and one is called Botic Complex, or something like that, but both with 5 bil plus and by Klaire Labs, and have several different strains. they are in the refridgerated section of a health food store. not all stores carry them tho. they come in powder or capsule. I open and empty the capsule into a shot glass of Simply Lemonade and stir, it dissolves well. (about $20 for 100 capsules).

Faith

We use a liquid probiotic from the vitamin shoppe

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/brow...AUNE?id=AH-1109.

It's a strawberry-banana flavored probiotic (20 Billion per serving) that's the consistency of a dannon drink yogurt. I mix some into my son's strawberry milk and for my daughter, I mix it into a strawberry drink yogurt. $10 per jar and it lasts about 15 days for 2 kids.

We tried to empty the powder into foods and drinks, but it doesn't disolve and my kids always swore it changed the taste of things and wouldn't eat whatever I had hidden it in. I even did blind tests. Sure enough, they'd walk away from foods if the powdered probiotics were in there. But they like the liquid stuff. My son took it for a month before he ever knew I was adding it to his milk.

Hello

I would give Pharmax HLC a try. I think (?) they are the only human strain ones out there. We use their one called... HLC high potency powder - one third teaspoon has 8 billion viable cells. It also has the FOS in it and peachy taste.

We open one of the florastor capsules (saccharomyces boulardii - good yeast competes with bad yeast) and put it on a spoon and cover with about one half to one teaspoon of the pharmax stuff and both my picky eater kids will eat it right off the spoon cos the sweet stuff makes the gross cheese stuff, the florastor, falvour not so noticeable.

You can order both online I believe. So far (fingers crossed) we haven't had any issues...

H,

we use the PEARL probiotic recommended by Dr. Latimer very very tiny to swallow, does not contain strep. thermophilus strain.

Deanna