ACN Latitudes Forums

I just recieved this thought it was interesting

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm signing up both to fill a space and if I'm going to engage in a debate, I want to know my opponents arguments. It's clear that's what he's doing - supplying practitioners with the arguments against PANDAS so they won't have to treat OUR KIDS.

This boils my blood.

Thanks for posting Melanie!!

Wouldnt that be cool if we all filled up the "open spots" LOL

I will stick my neck out.

Not only is this guy a non-believer ....

He is the anti-Christ of PANDAS.

He is the reason I left Morristown.

One day, if he has the guts, he can hold a public forum on this. Maybe a few hundred parents can attend and hold a "tea party" ....

Dr. T

I was laughing so hard the kids and dh kept saying "what, what?". And so I told dh (Buster) and he busted out laughing too.

Okay, I registered too. If I do happen to watch it, it'll be interesting to see what the anti-Christ has to say.

I'd so love this to be a call-in show...

I'd be asking "So let me get this straight, you didn't study sudden onset but rather looked at kids 3+ years after onset of symptoms. You happened to select kids who had no OCD exacerbations over a 2 year window -- that is remarkable and doesn't that tell you that the kids were unlike the kids studied by Swedo?"

"Oh, and if I read the study right, you actually treated any strep infection found by telling the kids doctors. It seems the only two available conclusions are either that prompt treatment of streptococcus doesn't lead to PANDAS symptoms or that kids with long term Tourettes matching the PANDAS profile don't have OCD exacerbations."

If he goes into his zebra and horse analogy, I'm just going to scream at the computer "would you please just repeat Kirvan's studies before you dig yourself a deeper hole? ...."

Buster

Hmm.. when it asked "who I was" and it put other... I put a parent of a child with Pandas.... maybe I should have left that out... wonder if they boot me out :P

Do it again and put in child with tourette syndrome

It let me in... do you think I need to do it again? I was kidding but you think it's a problem? Maybe they will think it's good if we are there, that they can convert me to thinking it's all in my head.

Hmm.. when it asked "who I was" and it put other... I put a parent of a child with Pandas.... maybe I should have left that out... wonder if they boot me out :P

Do it again and put in child with tourette syndrome

yup, I put "other" too

This may be an informative webinar after all LOL

"webinar".....lol.

so is this actually something that they are going to dispute? is it pro-pandas or against?

do you have to pay to register?

I think the its against. Its free and I think alot of us are registered It should be interesting.

melanie