ACN Latitudes Forums

Allergy Shots

Suzan

Hi Vickie,

Here in Maine in the winter, the primary problems are animals and inside dust mite issues. Our outdoor allergins are a non issue from November till about April. She does have animal and indoor allergies, but also spring, summer and fall outdoor allergies. Her allergies seem to have been worse this fall and winter than years past but she has struggled since a baby (17years). I guess I have just noticed it a lot as she goes through boxes of kleenex. On the steroids, she stops using kleenex altogether. It is a nice break for her.

Ellie

susan,

what are the shots for, what kind of allergies? environmental? are the allergies real allergies? are they that bad that she needs to be treated with the allergy shots?

Did you ever look into a natural product called D-Hist? its basically quercetin and some other supplements that naturally work for allergies. a few peeps on the other side of the board have tried this and liked it very much and felt it really helped. you could google it.

Faith

My son has horrible seasonal allergies....i've been waiting to hear if anyone has had success with them...this could be good news, so maybe i will go that route.

yes the testing is coverd by ins, the drops are not but cost effect is same as zyrtec over the counter and i was told you go ther 1s vist...check up and increase of ingredeants at 3 months then at 6 months and then the 1 year mark....so 4 visits and then annually or by annaul....not every week.

I looked up d-hist and the ingrediants on one of them show

Ingredients:

Vitamin C (150 mg), Quercetin (200 mg), Stinging Nettles Leaf (200 mg), Bromelain (50 mg), N-Acetyl Cysteine (25 mg)

Faith, is the last item NAC the same thing mentioned by Caryn.....that would be interesting, iit would seem to tie some things together

And when you say worked...do you mean for the allergies(whch would be nice) but also for some relief from their condition(s) (which would be great)?

My boy is 9 going on 10 about 75 lbs...if you do d-hist do you think you could still add a little moreNAC if that is the same thing, that only has 25 mg

i did find this and it says you need 3x more vitamin c per nac

http://www.healingdaily.com/oral-chelation...-what-it-is.htm

so maybe ds could take this product and 25mg more of nac

Fixit,

...yes the NAC is the same as what Caryn was mentioning.

....and yes, it was the allergy symptoms that seemed to be releived. There was a poster named 'Giselle' who loved the product and felt it helped her sons allergies alot. I did some searching about it a few years back because we did the environmental on my son, he came up mild for a few things and moderate on cat. so my theory at the time was to try some natural allergy treatment and see if it had any positive on his tics, he does not show any traditional allergy symptoms, so I can't attest to that. I don't think it ultimately helped with the tics, if the tics were reactions to these allergens, I really don't know, I was just exploring that angle at the time. The product also comes as D-hist Jr. for younger kids. its all natural, so I think its worth a try for some.

I suppose you could just try plain quercetin with vit c as well.

Faith