ACN Latitudes Forums

Candida Treatment Options?

CDNRaider

Hello all,

I am thinking that my 7 year old may have a Candida issue here. I have looked through some of the other threads and saw the Candida Clear was mentioned as a treatment. We have Zack on a probiotic and oil of oregano, but I was wondering if anyone has information on a liquid treatment (basically we have capsule issues). I have read up on Nystatin and threelac and I would prefer another option as I do suspect leaky gut. Thank you for any help.

I think you are wise to avoid nystatin and threelac

I am not aware of a liquid treatment for candida but one may exist.

oil of oregano is good (tho as you have likely found only minuscule amount can be used diluted becasue it is so very strong)

It wont eradicate candida used alone tho, even with probiotic

the candida clear has oregano oil in addition to other herbs, but the primary candida buster in it is capryllic acid (capryllate)

I suspected a yeast issue with my ds (age 5.5) and I have been giving him Candex (purchased from iherb.com). The capsules can be opened and poured into a drink or mixed with food. I mix it with apple juice or orange vitamin water... 1/2 capsule in the morning and 1/2 in the evening.

Cheri,

I just want to say, I tried the natural way with strict diet and a lot of these supplements, and it was helping a small amount but not enough, the improvement really topped off nowhere close to finishing the job. My situation did have circumstances that others may not have had, so not saying this would be how it would go for others. The nystatin with fluconazole has worked wonderfully, at least for a couple/few weeks. Not sure if it will finish the job, or if it has, or what problems. My body did eventually reject the fluconazole, but is still happy with nystatin. I had leaky gut and food sensitivities to almost everything and leaky gut. It is amazing how all this is quickly starting to get cleared up. I know with so many drugs, they can cause problems worse than the cure, but, with nystatin, I just haven't heard anything really bad about it yet. Have you experienced something or heard something bad about it? If so, I'd be curious to hear, very happy with what it's done but want to stay open-minded and also realistic on how long I should use it.

Michael

Hi Michael

which supplements were you using to treat the candida? if there wasnt capryllate amongst them then that may be why you werent seeing effect from them. I had very stubborn candida and nothing fully took care of it until I started candida clear. I think my system needed the combination of the various ingredients in it to finally win the yeast war. My son actually responded very well to just diet and capryllate initially (we treated him before candida clear came on the market)

and yes, I have heard some reports of unpleasant side effects from nystatin, but primarily in children so your situation may be different being adult. The biggest concern with it is the possible, tho rare, development of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. Most reports seem to be of GIT upset, rashes, etc

Cheri,

Thanks. Yes, I was actually on an incredible number of supplements, including Candida Clear, FOS, probiotics, digestive enzymes, coconut oil, saccharomyces boulardi, and Candex. After starting the nystatin, it just has been an incredible difference, and I have since added psyllium husk powder to help remove the dead yeast (doesn't kill it, just helps remove it). (Many other supplements, but those were the ones targeting candida issues.) One big difference for me is the sensitivity to fluorescent lights and wireless devices and perfumes. It is clear now from the back and forth I have seen, these things really help the yeast grow in me, so with continual exposure at work, this was limiting the improvement I could get from these natural treatments, and even limits the improvement from nystatin. Interesting, after concluding this, I did hear on the DVD's from the TS conference last year, there was a German study basically showing in a petri dish, bacteria will keep yeast in check, but when you add EMF's to the equation, then in 24 hours the petri dish has just yeast, no bacteria left, the yeast has killed it all.

Michael

I think you are wise to avoid nystatin and threelac

I am not aware of a liquid treatment for candida but one may exist.

oil of oregano is good (tho as you have likely found only minuscule amount can be used diluted becasue it is so very strong)

It wont eradicate candida used alone tho, even with probiotic

the candida clear has oregano oil in addition to other herbs, but the primary candida buster in it is capryllic acid (capryllate)

what have you heard about threelac? My husband has been using this as he has a yeast problem. I beliee my son may have a slight problem too.

Do you have a recommendation or a combination recommendation?

I heard coconut oil is actually good in small does even though the epa says no because of the fats...but just like anything else there are good fats and bad fats.

what have you heard about threelac? My husband has been using this as he has a yeast problem. I beliee my son may have a slight problem too.

Do you have a recommendation or a combination recommendation?

I heard coconut oil is actually good in small does even though the epa says no because of the fats...but just like anything else there are good fats and bad fats.

here is but one of many warnings about threelac

http://www.holistichelp.net/blog/is-threel...-and-effective/

as mentioned above we have found candida clear by NOW most effective IF used in conjunction with a proper diet designed to eliminate candida

the book I like is The Yeast Syndrome by Walker and Trowbridge as it helps plan the diet and has really good recipes in the back too

re coconut

if one wants to avoid using the oil, then monolaurin (which is lauric acid made from coconuts) is an excellent general antimicrobial that also has yeast buster properties. I get ours at my local branch of The Vitamin Shoppe(also available via their website)

here is but one of many warnings about threelac

http://www.holistichelp.net/blog/is-threel...-and-effective/

as mentioned above we have found candida clear by NOW most effective IF used in conjunction with a proper diet designed to eliminate candida

the book I like is The Yeast Syndrome by Walker and Trowbridge as it helps plan the diet and has really good recipes in the back too

re coconut

if one wants to avoid using the oil, then monolaurin (which is lauric acid made from coconuts) is an excellent general antimicrobial that also has yeast buster properties. I get ours at my local branch of The Vitamin Shoppe(also available via their website)

So would you or have you actually used coconut oil or just the monolaurin..on a side note, i heard that cocoanut oil is great for your skin

also on the corn issue, did you mention your son had/has a corn intolerence? did you go as strict as caryn or were you ok with it in some ingredients..

not trying to derail this thread, but since i've got your attention........THANKS

So would you or have you actually used coconut oil or just the monolaurin..on a side note, i heard that coconut oil is great for your skin

also on the corn issue, did you mention your son had/has a corn intolerence? did you go as strict as caryn or were you ok with it in some ingredients..

not trying to derail this thread, but since i've got your attention........THANKS

we keep monolaurin here as our "all purpose" natural antibiotic, along with olive leaf extract, and also have coconut oil for external use, tho it does taste good with a small blob on veggies instead of butter :lol:

But for candida specifically, I personally still feel candida clear is best...but as Michael pointed out, it may not work fully for everyone

my son totally avoids all corn products now in any form...hard as it is as they seem to stick it into almost everything around in some form or other