ACN Latitudes Forums

Mediterranean heritage? Italian, Jewish, etc.

Just curious - I remember, back in my days of research in psychiatry, this clustering of anorexia nervosa/anxiety disorder/autoimmune cases in families with Mediterranean background, e.g. Italian, Jewish, Greek, Armenian, etc. I know it's hard to get a read from a forum like this, but just curious if there is a lot of Mediterranean blood in this group.

We're Italian and Armenian, here.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting - mostly central/northern European so far.

Just curious - I remember, back in my days of research in psychiatry, this clustering of anorexia nervosa/anxiety disorder/autoimmune cases in families with Mediterranean background, e.g. Italian, Jewish, Greek, Armenian, etc. I know it's hard to get a read from a forum like this, but just curious if there is a lot of Mediterranean blood in this group.

Interesting - mostly central/northern European so far.

My husband is Italian and Im Jewish His family is from Italy and mine is from Spain&Austria

Irish...and more Irish! :angry:

EAMom...how neat...part Chinese....I have many Chinese friends! Looking forward to the New Year! Is it on Buster's side? (I hope I am not being too nosey)

Nope, mine. Unfortunately our kids don't look asian (they are 1/4)....vs. other kids (like Jon and Kate plus eight's kids) who are 1/4 asian (korean) but those kids look closer to 1/2 asian to me.