ACN Latitudes Forums

medication

jakio

Hi everyone,

Happy New year to all!! I hope it brings peace in our homes.

has anyone had any ( good or bad )experience with ERY-tables 333Mg antibiotic ???

Our doc. has started my son on it.

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

has anyone had any ( good or bad )experience with ERY-tables 333Mg antibiotic ???

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you

Never heard of it. How old is your son and how much does he weigh? Does "ERY" stand for anything in particular? Erythromiacin, maybe?

Hi everyone,

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you

Never heard of it. How old is your son and how much does he weigh? Does "ERY" stand for anything in particular? Erythromiacin, maybe?

Yes, the generic name is erythromycin.

Hi everyone,

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you

Though I've only been on the forum for a few weeks now, I've not seen any previous references to erythromycin use for PANDAS, and as for the dosage, I suppose it depends on the age and size of your child. I'm familiar with having been given erythromycin myself in the past for sinus infections or ear infections, but I'm not clear on its effectiveness in eradicating strep.

If you've scrolled through some of the other threads here, you'll most frequently see references to Augmentin, Azithromycin and/or Keflex for long-term PANDAS dosing. My 12-year-old, 120-pound son is, for example, taking 2,000 mg. of Augmentin XR daily.

Hi everyone,

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you

Though I've only been on the forum for a few weeks now, I've not seen any previous references to erythromycin use for PANDAS, and as for the dosage, I suppose it depends on the age and size of your child. I'm familiar with having been given erythromycin myself in the past for sinus infections or ear infections, but I'm not clear on its effectiveness in eradicating strep.

If you've scrolled through some of the other threads here, you'll most frequently see references to Augmentin, Azithromycin and/or Keflex for long-term PANDAS dosing. My 12-year-old, 120-pound son is, for example, taking 2,000 mg. of Augmentin XR daily.

That is why I was asking if anyone had use it. Its only been 12 days since we started, I don't see any changes, my son says he does. we have an appointment with the doc. in 10 days and by then if this medication is not working I will ask him to change.

Erythromycyn is kind of an old one, I know I used to get that as a kid. And I do recall at one point I noted that it did not seem to help after a time, so I always told the doc not to give me that one anymore. See how it goes and then ask for a stronger one.