ACN Latitudes Forums

zithromax dosage?

I've finally found a great doctor that knows about pandas and is willing to treat DS.

He prescribed zithromax for a month, 100 mg per day for my 44lb 5yo.

Having a hard time finding dosage suggestions so thought I'd just post.

DS isn't having any tics or compulsions, just some behavioral stuff once in a while (anxiety, explosions)

Thanks

I've finally found a great doctor that knows about pandas and is willing to treat DS.

He prescribed zithromax for a month, 100 mg per day for my 44lb 5yo.

Having a hard time finding dosage suggestions so thought I'd just post.

DS isn't having any tics or compulsions, just some behavioral stuff once in a while (anxiety, explosions)

Thanks

My 45 lb dd is on 250mg a day. It sounds a little on the low side. If you fee there is no progress, I would ask for it to be increased to 250mg. I'm glad your doc is working with you!

Susan

My 92 lb dd is on 500mg of Zith per day as well as 2000mg of Augmentin XR per day.

Angela

How's that working out for her?

Since adding the Zith, she continued to improve until she got a cold (which was also during her period which is usually more difficult anyway) Things never got as bad as they were before the antibiotics though. Things are improving again now that the cold is almost gone and I'm hopful that they will continue to improve. The vocal tics are VERY seldom now. The facial motor tic is still around some. The ocd is improving with the need to ask reassurance questions spacing back out more. Yesterday we had several two hour periods with no questions. Other things are still visible, like some difficulty walking/dressing without repeating, but not that intense...used to cause rages now causes frustration for a minute or so.

During the first few days of the cold it was very difficult. I hope she stays healthy the rest of the winter.

Angela