ACN Latitudes Forums

Phone consult with Dr. Kovocevich

Hello! Just wanted to let all of the parents new to PANDAS and this site, that we had a phone consult with Dr. K yesterday. I am newer to PANDAS as my daughter was diagnosed in September with her 1st episode. My pediatrician had heard of PANDAS and was willing to do something, but basically didn't want to "blindly" do things without some sort of guidlines. Thanks to this site and getting in touch with a local mom, I set up a phone consult with Dr. K. He was SO awesome and thorough with us. Within 24-36 hours he is going to email us his detailed recommendations to follow for the next year. This is VERY helpful as I can give this to our pediatrician to follow. I was SO happy to get an "expert" opinion without driving across the country, and also so happy to finally have a specific "plan" for here on out. He also said that my pediatrician or I can call or email him anytime here on out with questions or concerns. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a "starting point" in treating their PANDAS child. Wish us luck...I'm hoping we can get on top of this sooner than later!! His contact info can be found on his website at www.webpediatrics.com.

Hello! Just wanted to let all of the parents new to PANDAS and this site, that we had a phone consult with Dr. K yesterday. I am newer to PANDAS as my daughter was diagnosed in September with her 1st episode. My pediatrician had heard of PANDAS and was willing to do something, but basically didn't want to "blindly" do things without some sort of guidlines. Thanks to this site and getting in touch with a local mom, I set up a phone consult with Dr. K. He was SO awesome and thorough with us. Within 24-36 hours he is going to email us his detailed recommendations to follow for the next year. This is VERY helpful as I can give this to our pediatrician to follow. I was SO happy to get an "expert" opinion without driving across the country, and also so happy to finally have a specific "plan" for here on out. He also said that my pediatrician or I can call or email him anytime here on out with questions or concerns. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a "starting point" in treating their PANDAS child. Wish us luck...I'm hoping we can get on top of this sooner than later!! His contact info can be found on his website at www.webpediatrics.com.

How much does he charge for this?

Nothing but praise here for Dr. K, as well! He has been a tremendous support for us. Our pediatrician also new very little on the disorder. I found him a few years ago and wee did the phone consult. We gave our dr. the notes and emails for our sons file. She is atleast now willing to discuss PANDAS instead of dismissing it - we have to tell her what we want and she usually works with us... The only thing - BIG thing - that she has not done is get the IVIG schedules for us... she suggested we go to Chicago but we are trying hard to treat locally. - We will however make the trip if we do not find the help we need this year.

Best of Luck to you and Congratulations, in my opinion, on finding one of the greatest PANDAS docs in the states!

Steph

How much does he charge for this?

He charged $350. We had to send him the check and a narrative history of her symptoms. The great thing now is, now that we are "established" with him, we or my pediatrician are open to call or email him whenever about specific questions or concerns. What an awesome support!! He was absolutley impressive on the phone, you can tell how compassionate he is about PANDAS. :)