ACN Latitudes Forums

is there a preference dr K,L,T or other

I emailed dr k as per someones suggestion and he thinks there is good chance ds has pandas even with the cunning numbers i posted.

he wants to do a phone consult...

I have family up in NE

but i heard dr k is open to something triggering this

ds add/adhd seems gone or minimized as per brainbalance program(or did he just get older?)

he just tics.....

saw dr gargcia(tmj) on 12/21 said he grew so much he is going to make a whole new set of retainers but adjusted old one

12/22 12/23 tics so mininal i had to watch for a long time to find 1 on night of 23rd said he doensn't feel good and has a bad headache..i gave him ibuprofren...still really so good can, he's so busy with cousins i can't see any tics as he scurries off to next thing

12/24 starts first vocal tic >>>i'm so upset, devistated, beyond sad....i want to curl up in a ball

is it the adjustment, oh PS he tells me an old cavity has been bothering him for a week(just told me 2 nights ago) the illness the night before or the fact that since he was doing so well ,i let him be a kid and eat junk for those 2 days while visiting relatives(all they had there were pop tarts and other holiday sweets (really)

now vocals are almost constant..k k k..ch ch...snort

can dr k persribe some tests for us or some high dose anti's or will he be able to get my ped to do them or will i have to go up there

is this the guy to see

i would like to try high dose and longer than 10-2week anti's

again not sure if my son is allergiec to penicillen or if it was rf getting in his joints???/

money is so tight and would like to get more things done under insurance

anyone's thought on any of this are so welcome

I don't have too much to post since I have not seen any of those doctors. However, in reference to the cavity. I say take him to the dentist to get it looked at. Perhaps it just chipped and a nerve is exposed. If there's a hole there now, bacteria can get in and that could cause a worsening of symptoms.

It may not be a new cavity. If you wait, it could get worse, need more dental work, or more invasive dental work.

I have seen dr.K and L....setting up to see Dr. T! :D

They were both great...however, I prefer Dr. L because she will keep my kids on antibiotics indefinitely, and, she offers more treatment options. She will also prescribe over the phone....however, I think you will need to see either of them first before they will do this. Dr K would not prescribe over the phone after a phone consult....I had to go see him and be an established patient. Even then......while there he gave us the impression that he thinks we could "carry my son" through puberty on antibiotics and that he wouldn't need IVIG. So, we left feeling like we had a plan and doc in place....and had a 6 month prescription of Augmentin...250 mg a day...which I feel is too low.

Anyway, when the 6 months was up...I called for refills, and, he would not do it. My husband and I were stunned...he was now telling us something totally different than what he told us at our visit. He said I would have to come see him again (a 10 hour drive)....and every 6 months thereafter...and that there was no "evidence" to keep a child that was doing well on antibiotics for over 6 months unless they had IVIG... even then it would only be a year. So, there we were, with nothing.

I find Dr. Latimer easier to talk with........just my opinion. I am not trying to down Dr. K...he is a great PANDAS doc.....we saw him almost 2 years ago..so, things may have changed!!!!

Either one will be good...just sharing my experience.

I'll let you know what I think of Dr. T in a few weels....gotta see all the big guys, make sure all my bases are covered! :)