ACN Latitudes Forums

Mycoplasma pneumoniae causing PANDAS-PITANDS in late teen

I am desperately looking for any information on other cases in which the underlying cause for the PANDAS symptoms are Mycoplasma pneumoniae and not Strep.

Our Sandra is clearly such a case (5 years). Since the onset in 2005 her MP IgG are positive, elevated up to 6 times compared to the base value, and fluctuate, and so are her leucosyte values.

I told about her case on http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?...d&pid=41310

After getting hold of the Saving Sammy book and getting doctors to read it, we are finally getting somewhere with doctors accepting the idea of trying long term suitable antibiotics and/or other treatments, starting with the less invasive and harmful ones.

I am now looking for information on similar cases treated, by whom and with what degree of success.

If any of the doctors who treated such patients is reading this message. Would love to have you assist the Finnish doctors on the case. Please get in touch (batsheva.myllys(at)gmail.com).

I believe that Sandra can be saved and still have a normal future. She will be 20 next month, a quarter of which has been made real ###### by PANDAS-PITANDS.

Bat-Sheva Myllys

Finland

You should read this entire article b/c it discusses PANDAS and different types of infections (including lyme related ones) that can cause symptoms.

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/display/article/10168/55056

I am pasting a relevant excerpt:

Numerous studies document that infections, such as pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcal infections, syphilis, hepatitis C, and zoonotic (animal) diseases, can cause mental illness.9-13 The same syndrome may be caused by different infections in different individuals, and the same infection can cause different syndromes in different individuals. For example, obsessive-compulsive disorder has been caused by infection with Streptococcus, B burgdorferi, Japanese B encephalitis virus, herpes simplex virus 1, Borna disease virus, Epstein-Barr virus, and Mycoplasma, as well as by thepandemic influenza of 191814-16; I have also observed cases caused by Hong Kong influenza and coxsackievirus infection. Of course, many of these infections have also been shown to cause other psychiatric and somatic symptoms. Some infections result in residual injury even after the infection itself no longer persists, while other infections may persist in a chronic relapsing and remitting state. Chronic infections are most commonly viral, venereal, and vector-borne zoonotic.8

Tick-borne diseases and chronic infectious diseases

B burgdorferi, the principal organism associated with Lyme borreliosis, is one of the most complex bacteria known to man. In addition, a tick bite can presumably transmit more than 1 disease-causing organism. Thus, 2 major clinical hurdles in diagnosis and management are the absence of a clear therapeutic end point in treating Lyme borreliosis and the potential presence of tick-borne coinfections that may complicate the course of the illness.3 The more common interactive coinfections may be caused by M fermentans, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, B microti, Ba- besia WA-1, Chlamydia pneumoniae, Ehrlichia, Anaplasma, and B henselae, and multiple viruses and fungi.2,3,17 When multiple microbes grow together, they can promote immunosuppressive effects and cause marked symbiotic changes that alter their functioning.18

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic