ACN Latitudes Forums

Hello Everybody

CSP

[quote name='Caryn' date='Jan 12 2010, 09:48 AM' post='51616'

Hello everyone,

Really good to hear the good stories. The past year seems like a lifetime for me but Nicholas is doing wonderfully also. He basically is tic free without being super restrictive on diet or video games. He stays away from dairy, beef and oranges . If a flash bulb goes in his eyes or laser light he has his eye tic instantly. The biggest change in him has been the steady addition of b6,zinc and primrose. If pyroulia can cause tics then his having it could have to do with why he is doing so well. I really try and balance what he can have and do with keeping him happy and healthy. I have always eaten healthy in the house and I don't find it a burden. I wish everyone peace in your journey to figure out your triggers.

all the best

abbe

hi abbe,

glad to hear things are going so well. I havn't talked about pyroluria in a long time, but your post reminded me that I never did to that test. where did you do it with? could you direct me? and then how did you know what to supplement with, and what doses? what doses do you use? Only thing I really give my son is a multi, it has some in there, but not high. did you feel his tics were helped by that? what about any other type symtoms like irritability or attention/focus if there was any?

thanks so much

Faith

abbe

hi abbe,

glad to hear things are going so well. I havn't talked about pyroluria in a long time, but your post reminded me that I never did to that test. where did you do it with? could you direct me? and then how did you know what to supplement with, and what doses? what doses do you use? Only thing I really give my son is a multi, it has some in there, but not high. did you feel his tics were helped by that? what about any other type symtoms like irritability or attention/focus if there was any?

thanks so much

Faith

Faith,

I forget the lab I did the testing with but it was the best most reputable one. i got the name from Claire's old posts which I read all of them. Also Caryn mentioned to me when reading my posts that he could have it. I will look it up but Cheri might know also. There are certain supps for pyroulia so I brought them to Dr.Chung and he muscle tested Nick to see what he needed. and YES the anger and irritability have been the biggest changes besides the tics. I give him one half of a b6 supp in the morning (at night it gives him bad dreams) and 25mg zinc am and pm. He wasnt getting any zinc before so I feel this was the biggie for him. He also gets evening primrose at night. In addition I added b12 to the mix which isnt a pyroulia thing. It has a made a big big difference all around and I feel like I have control of the situation.

abbe