ACN Latitudes Forums

Restless leg syndrome?

melanie

Im watching danny alot right now (what else is new) and hes doing alot more of the foot twisting tic but alot of the leg moving.Im thinking maybe its like restless leg syndrome I saw something about it on TV could that be a part of this horrible PANDAS thing? I googles it but all of the videos were of older people.

Melanie

Im watching danny alot right now (what else is new) and hes doing alot more of the foot twisting tic but alot of the leg moving.Im thinking maybe its like restless leg syndrome I saw something about it on TV could that be a part of this horrible PANDAS thing? I googles it but all of the videos were of older people.

Melanie

I don't know but you did remind me that I used to always try to get my Dad to look into Candida (yeast) as a possibility for his restless leg symptoms.

http://www.candidafree.net/

What does it look like? I know my dd7 is always moving and especially at night she can't get relaxed and settled down and keeps moving, moving moving....

Susan

Restless leg syndrome is more when you are lying down in dormant position and have the nerve racking 'urge' to move your legs. I've had it for years, and have been told it has relation to TS. it also waxes and wanes for me, and I've found some triggers, like it is bad when I've consumed ice cream or wine for some reason. sometimes I don't feel it at all.

does he do this while lying down or while walking or sitting?

Go to you tube and search for chorea video. It is really interesting. I searched under chorea, sydenhams, rheumatic, etc and saw a lot of good examples. My son was diagnosed with restless leg syndrome prior to getting the PANDAS chorea diagnosis. Looking back it was all PANDAS.

Melanie

Is Danny still ON Risperidone?

My son when he was ON higher dose psych med, he would have foot twisting, waist twisting.... I am quite sure it is caused by those meds for my son. If I lower the dose, it would be much better.

Now my son has real bad mouth opening, I am not sure what it is, I hope it isnot TD.

Melanie

My son when he was ON higher dose psych med, he would have foot twisting, waist twisting.... I am quite sure it is caused by those meds for my son. If I lower the dose, it would be much better.

Now my son has real bad mouth opening, I am not sure what it is, I hope it isnot TD.

Ok well all of these may be a possibility,Hes on .75 mg risperdone I hate that stuff I dont think it does anything It did for about a month ,But I would love to get him off..I didnt want to change anything untill after the infusions ,I want to just see, 1 change at a time.Also about the yeast thing,hum maybe.Hes been on the antibiotics I am giving him lots of probiotics.Maybe ?

Melanie

My daughter had this before being treated for PANDAS. The PANDAS treatment completely cured her of this.

Exactly I mean exactly what did you do?

Melanie

Melanie

When danny was on abilify about 1 1/2 years ago he had mouth opening so we took him off It looked like twisting stretching of his mouth we always noticed it when he was hanging around I dont know if its the same but when he went off it stopped.Then in June of this year his Psy put him on Risperadal I notices the twisting and leg stuff in aug she said its not and its a tic but I dont know ??

Im noticing it alot more in the past 2 weeks. Maybe because hes been home.

Melanie

I do a lot of foot tapping and twisting, left-right-left-right, as apparently a number of the chorea symptoms are. I don't have a big problem with it at night in bed, but then I am clenching my hands a lot then to calm myself down. But, I also do have the candida. Reading this thread reminds me, on some sites that list many many possible symptoms of candida, there are a number of symptoms that are on both the PANDAS list and the candida list, including sensory sensitivities.

Michael

I was looking for one thing and stumbled on another. I remembered this thread so I thought I'd post it.

"1: Pediatr Neurol. 2004 Aug;31(2):119-21. Links

Restless legs syndrome: association with streptococcal or mycoplasma infection.Matsuo M, Tsuchiya K, Hamasaki Y, Singer HS.

Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, Saga, Japan.

Group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal infections have been reported to cause neuropsychiatric symptoms, such as chorea, tics, and obsessive-compulsive disorder, presumably through autoimmune damage to basal ganglia. Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections have also been reported to cause damage to the basal ganglia. Restless legs syndrome is a movement disorder with focal restlessness, an irresistible desire to move, and exacerbation by long periods of sitting or lying. We present three children with transient restless legs syndrome-like symptoms possibly associated with group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal infection or Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection. One of three patients had persistently elevated enzyme-linked immunosorbent optical density values against human caudate and putamen.

PMID: 15301831 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]"

I was looking for one thing and stumbled on another. I remembered this thread so I thought I'd post it.

"1: Pediatr Neurol. 2004 Aug;31(2):119-21. Links

Restless legs syndrome: association with streptococcal or mycoplasma infection.Matsuo M, Tsuchiya K, Hamasaki Y, Singer HS.

Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, Saga, Japan.

Group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal infections have been reported to cause neuropsychiatric symptoms, such as chorea, tics, and obsessive-compulsive disorder, presumably through autoimmune damage to basal ganglia. Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections have also been reported to cause damage to the basal ganglia. Restless legs syndrome is a movement disorder with focal restlessness, an irresistible desire to move, and exacerbation by long periods of sitting or lying. We present three children with transient restless legs syndrome-like symptoms possibly associated with group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal infection or Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection. One of three patients had persistently elevated enzyme-linked immunosorbent optical density values against human caudate and putamen.

PMID: 15301831 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]"

Thats sooo cool ..Wow I think everything in his life is due to this PANDAS !!!Im very tired of this I wish it would just go away!(Do I sound like a child or what!!)Didthis article say how to cure this.I feel bad for him I know it bothers him.Isthere a test for this I should have done on him?

Melanie