ACN Latitudes Forums

Yeast or leaky gut

mar

I have bee nreading alot about yeast overgrowth and leaky gut and am getting this real bad gut feeling that my son might have this. His allergies were not this bad last year and now with all these allergies I am starting to wonder what the heck is happening. He constantly looks pale and has bags under his eyes. But anyway I would like to learn more about the yeast part. Some questions I have if anyone can amswer or if there are some links on this forum for examples.

Did you do a test for it?

What are major symptoms your child has had?

What medication or supplements work best?

What diet did you follow? (there are so many different versions I have seen online and it makes it very confusing)

Is there a dirrent diet for adults and children?

Once this was implemented did you see big differences?

I guess my theory as of now is that all his recent allergies could be a result of a leaky gut/yeast.

Thanks Everyone!!

Mar

Hi Mar

my son had stool and blood tests for candida dx

there is also a "spit" test that may give a clue as to whether GIT yeast overgrowth is a problem. it isnt a definitive test, but if it shows the tendrils, worth checking further IMO

http://www.adhdrelief.com/CandidaTest.html

we found the diet recommended by Walker/Trowbridge in the book The Yeast Syndrome to be easiest. they give great recipes too

the most effective supplement we used was Candida Clear by NOW

Hi Mar

there is also a "spit" test that may give a clue as to whether GIT yeast overgrowth is a problem. it isnt a definitive test, but if it shows the tendrils, worth checking further IMO

we found the diet recommended by Walker/Trowbridge in the book The Yeast Syndrome to be easiest. they give great recipes too

Thank you fr the info. I will have to order this book!

Mar

Hi Mar

My doctor said a mont hago to put hi mon a yeast free gluten free diet for 9 months and dairy for 6 months. She did not recommend specific supplements for the yeast diet. Is it okay to give him the Candida clear with no doctor approval. I get really scared with supplements because I don;t know which ones can go together.

Mar

Mar

remember that where candida is sometimes called "yeast", it is in fact a different fungus from actual yeast

a candida diet is one where foods that feed the fungus are avoided, while the fungus is treated with anti-fungal agents. diet alone wont cure a candida infection

we found no bad interactions with candida clear and other supps, but if you dont feel comfy about it, rather discuss with your doctor first. the ingredients are listed here

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Candida-Cle...-Vcaps/462?at=0

do remember tho that when eliminating candida, something called a "die off" reaction occurs where one will initially feel lousy before feeling so much better. that is because the dying fungus exudes toxins. Plenty of water and things like hot fresh lemon juice can really help the detox, as well as epsom salts baths.

Hi,

could you let me know what are the symptoms of candida overgrowth?? thanks so much.

Deanna

I have a question here. Would anyone know if it would be harmful or whatever, to treat for yeast even if it was not really known if there was a yeast problem? would giving antifungals hurt to try, just to see if it has any beneficial effects? in other words, is it bad to give an anti-fungal (I'm talking about something like Threelac or Nystatin) if yeast/candida wasn't really the issue. just wondering. that's something I havn't done yet, and I just wonder if it might be worth a try.

Faith

Thanks for all the info. Faith I was thinking the same thing!!!

Deanna

just be careful of Nystatin, Faith

unlike things like Candida Clear, it is a DRUG ie artificial chemicals, and a lot of people seem to get ick side effects from it.

personally I dont think it is a good idea to use any medication (drug or supp) if there isnt a specific need but that is just IMHO. I just feel that using it when not needed can reduce its effectiveness when one really does need to use it. why not try the "spit test" and see if it gives a clue?

most people nowadays have candida overgrowth...it comes with modern diet of refined and artificial foods, plus the overuse of antibiotics and other over sanitization...I know people who have had candida skin infections traced to overuse of "antibacterial" soaps and hand "sanitizers"...we kill off so much of the good bacteria that we provide a fertile breeding ground both inside and out for bad ones.

the Yeast Syndrome book I referenced suggests many ailments are actually candida based, but modern medicine tends to overlook it, or put it into the "quack stuff" category :wacko: I know that our overall health has improved since we began monitoring candida.

But the Threelac, that is natrual, is it? not sure. I wouldn't do Nystatin unless guided by a doc, and doubt any of them would entertain me, but I just wondered. The Candida Clear, I would do, and I actually have it, but he can't swallow the capsule and as you know the potency of taste is awful, it actually burns your throat.

Right now I'm giving him olive leaf at 250 mgs. a day, its a little easier to get down. I'm really doing it for anti-viral benefit (again, just a trial here in lieu of abx) , but it says it is anti-fungal as well, so who knows if this will help there too.

Faith

wow. if Threelac does contain a strain of bacteria, that's kind of odd. Now I'm wondering about that particular strain of bacteria mentioned in that article?.... .....thanks for giving me some other thing I gotta go google the heck out of now, lol............. :wacko:

Faith

Mar

remember that where candida is sometimes called "yeast", it is in fact a different fungus from actual yeast

a candida diet is one where foods that feed the fungus are avoided, while the fungus is treated with anti-fungal agents. diet alone wont cure a candida infection

we found no bad interactions with candida clear and other supps, but if you dont feel comfy about it, rather discuss with your doctor first. the ingredients are listed here

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Candida-Cle...-Vcaps/462?at=0

do remember tho that when eliminating candida, something called a "die off" reaction occurs where one will initially feel lousy before feeling so much better. that is because the dying fungus exudes toxins. Plenty of water and things like hot fresh lemon juice can really help the detox, as well as epsom salts baths.

Thank You Chemar!

Since my son is only 7 1/2 would it make sense to just give him 1 pill a day?

Did you give a probiotic at the same time?

Thanks,

Mar

usual recommendations on supps is half adult dose for child under 12yo and 1/4 adult dose under 6 yo

we have always preferred natural kefir as probiotic (I get the Lifeway brand at our supermarket) and also use Stoneyfield farms yoghurt (most other yoghurt is just sugar and artificial garbage!)