ACN Latitudes Forums

Here we go... Off to IVIG in Colorado!

I can't believe it is finally here. We are taking our son to Colorado tomorrow for IVIG at The Children's Hospital in Littleton, CO with Dr. Smith (Thank you Elizabeth!!!).

We told our DS yesterday and it was really rough. He is afraid to fly, but we are having success with calming him with Advil PM, I tried it last night and tonight to see how he would react first.

I have to say it is the only thing that has helped calm him, since I can remember. I did not realize, until the nurse at Dr. Smith's office told me today that advil pm is just ibuprofen with Benadryl. I double checked the active ingredients and was that a suprise. I thought my son could not handle Benadryl, but he can. Also, it has been a long time since we tried it with him.

He was moving around upstairs for hours last night, jumping off furnitre, hiding in between his mattresses, crying out and just all around inconsolable with so much worry. I gave him the two 200 mg. tabs (safe dosage per label) and within 30 minutes he was completely calm. Just laying on the bed, using his laptop. He said "Mom, I'm ready to go to sleep now". I was practically jumping up and down with glee (In my head of course).

It did not actually make him sleep right away, but he went to sleep a couple of hours earlier than he has in the past couple of weeks.

Wish us luck...

I cannot wait to get this part of the journey over!

I'll keep you all "posted", literally!

Thanks for all the support leading up to this, We would not be where we are today without this amazing Forum.!

I can't believe it is finally here. We are taking our son to Colorado tomorrow for IVIG at The Children's Hospital in Littleton, CO with Dr. Smith (Thank you Elizabeth!!!).

We told our DS yesterday and it was really rough. He is afraid to fly, but we are having success with calming him with Advil PM, I tried it last night and tonight to see how he would react first.

I have to say it is the only thing that has helped calm him, since I can remember. I did not realize, until the nurse at Dr. Smith's office told me today that advil pm is just ibuprofen with Benadryl. I double checked the active ingredients and was that a suprise. I thought my son could not handle Benadryl, but he can. Also, it has been a long time since we tried it with him.

He was moving around upstairs for hours last night, jumping off furnitre, hiding in between his mattresses, crying out and just all around inconsolable with so much worry. I gave him the two 200 mg. tabs (safe dosage per label) and within 30 minutes he was completely calm. Just laying on the bed, using his laptop. He said "Mom, I'm ready to go to sleep now". I was practically jumping up and down with glee (In my head of course).

It did not actually make him sleep right away, but he went to sleep a couple of hours earlier than he has in the past couple of weeks.

Wish us luck...

good luck to your little man..keep us posted!!!

Thanks for all the support leading up to this, We would not be where we are today without this amazing Forum.!

Wish us luck...

So glad for you! Prayers your way.

This is an easy procedure compared to what you are going through! Probably flying would have been worse for us than IVIG.

Know that it may be a little bit of an electrocardiogram post IVIG. Great days, ok ones, and some bad too. Keep up your faith and patience as hard as it may be. We are all out there for you too.

PM me if I can be of any help! We did IVIG in July.

Best to you and your boy!

Brooke

Good Luck--looking forward to hearing the good report soon. That is interesting about the benadryl. My son can't take it either. Maybe we should try again. It has been about 7 years since we tried it.

Wish us luck...