ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr Geller genetics study

Dr Geller (from Saving Sammy) is conducting a genetics study on PANDAS. Children 8 years and older can participate. If your child is too young (like mine), they did say my biological parents and myself could offer samples.

Here is the contact for more info.

eamancuso@partners.org

I was interested in taking part in this study, but unfortunately, we are not able. My son is only 6 and my parents are both deceased.

Dr Geller (from Saving Sammy) is conducting a genetics study on PANDAS. Children 8 years and older can participate. If your child is too young (like mine), they did say my biological parent and myself could offer samples.

eamancuso@partners.org

I was interested in taking part in this study, but unfortunately, we are not able. My son is only 6 and my parents are both deceased.

i cant open this

What I listed was an email address for the coordinator.

I didn't have more info to give since I didn't ask more questions after finding out we didn't qualify. I think it's a blood and/or saliva sample. I don't believe an in-office visit is need. But, again, I would verify that. If someone gets more info please post it so others interested can raed it.

Dr Geller (from Saving Sammy) is conducting a genetics study on PANDAS. Children 8 years and older can participate. If your child is too young (like mine), they did say my biological parent and myself could offer samples.

eamancuso@partners.org

i cant open this

I believe it's too see if there's a DNA connection. I found out about the genetic one through the Beth Maloney fan page on facebook. I contacted those in charge of the study too see if we would qualify since I see genetic connection in our case. It is through the coordinator's response that Geller's Augmentin/Cefdinir study was mentioned. As for the Murphy one. I found that one out through a friend and emailed Dr Murphy for more information.

I emailed the coordinator in charge of Geller's antibiotic study (it is different than the one for the genetic study which is listed in this thread) and requested more info so I can tell the forum about that one too. I haven't heard back from them yet. It may take a few days.

I'm not saying to participate or not participate. I'm just letting everyone now that they are out there.