ACN Latitudes Forums

Which doctor to see?

For the record, I have not seen any of them. This is the comparison as I've seen it on this fourm.Please anyone correct any misinformation...

Dr K is in Chicago. He gives a 5 day steroid burst. Does IVIG. Takes some insurances? Returns emails in a timely manner.

Dr L is in MD. She may give a month long steroid. Does IVIG and PEX. Office visit not covered by insurance but because IVIG and PEX are done at the hospital, some have gotten that covered. However, for some, she has been hard to contact for questions.

Dr T is in NJ. I really don't know much about him but I like the fact that he seems open to discussions. He has even posted on this forum. I think that says a lot about his character. I believe he gives a 5 day steroid burst. I think he does IVIG.

For the record, I have not seen any of them. This is the comparison as I've seen it on this fourm.Please anyone correct any misinformation...

Dr K is in Chicago. He gives a 5 day steroid burst. Does IVIG. Takes some insurances? Returns emails in a timely manner.

I haven't seen him, but did have a phone consult with him. He really comes across as so understanding your situation and he's really on the ball. He asks very specific questions, and he's very decisive and opinionated. He'll tell you exactly what he wants you to do. Doesn't accept credit cards, so be prepared to lay out at least $350 cash or check.

Dr L is in MD. She may give a month long steroid. Does IVIG and PEX. Office visit not covered by insurance but because IVIG and PEX are done at the hospital, some have gotten that covered. However, for some, she has been hard to contact for questions.
She's really nice, but very busy and overwhelmed. You have to be very persistant in getting her to respond to you.

Dr T is in NJ. I really don't know much about him but I like the fact that he seems open to discussions. He has even posted on this forum. I think that says a lot about his character. I believe he gives a 5 day steroid burst. I think he does IVIG.

Just met him. He's really nice and knows his stuff. He just recently opened his office, and is not set up yet to administer IVIG, but he's open to it as a method of treatment.

My son was just diagnosed by Dr.K in October. We just did IVIG with him last week. I was very pleased with him. This doctor seems to truly care about the child and the family. He is fantastic with kids and takes the time to answer all of your questons etc. He seems to be very well informed on all that is going on in the PANDAS world. I don't know anything about the other doctors besides what I read here. I just thought I would tell you that we had a very good experience with Dr. K.

Well what you just posted was what I was about to say! I think they are all good and a step in the right direction if you believe your child has PANDAS. We see Dr. L. I think she is extremely knowledgeable and looks at each child as a unique presentation and protocol. I have been very pleased that we made the trip from NC to meet with her. She is hard to get in touch with though. That is the only negative I could possibly say. But I can speak personally that I believe she is a good option for a PANDAS child. As for what others say on this board, Dr. T and Dr. K are great, too.