ACN Latitudes Forums

Abnormal Cunningham Results

nojo

We've been waiting for our results from the test we took in October. We got a call from Dr. Latimer's office today. She wants us to come up, our results were abnormal and she needs to see us to discuss the results. Does anybody know what else the Cunningham test could results could show? I'm scared to death and don't have any idea what else could even show up in this test. Did anyone else have abnormal results?

Is it possible that Dr. Lattimer wants to see you because the Cunningham tests are showing outside of the normal range? So many of our kids are getting "abnormal results" on these tests, i.e., high cam kinase, anti-dopamine, etc. I would email Dr. Cunningham. If you don't have her email, feel free to pm me.

I would also try to email Dr. Lattimer. I have heard that it takes her a little while to respond, but that she does. It is too much stress to wait to see her I think.

We've been waiting for our results from the test we took in October. We got a call from Dr. Latimer's office today. She wants us to come up, our results were abnormal and she needs to see us to discuss the results. Does anybody know what else the Cunningham test could results could show? I'm scared to death and don't have any idea what else could even show up in this test. Did anyone else have abnormal results?

That's a good point. My son's results put him in the mid pandas range but I didn't think of it as abnormal because I obviously suspected pandas... but really I guess that would mean they were abnormal. Hopefully that is all she is referring to.

Hugs! it's so hard to wait for results when you are told something like that.

Have you ever seen her in person before? The Cunningham is only part of the picture and she may want to see you in person to observe for her full diagnosis. When I was unsure if we should come to her, she told me based on what I told her it sounded like it could be PANDAS but she would need to see my son to make a diagnosis. Don't freak out too much.

Have you ever seen her in person before? The Cunningham is only part of the picture and she may want to see you in person to observe for her full diagnosis. When I was unsure if we should come to her, she told me based on what I told her it sounded like it could be PANDAS but she would need to see my son to make a diagnosis. Don't freak out too much.

We saw her in October, and she reccomended the test to us. I am assuming that we would be abnormal in the sense that it would show PANDAS, I'm just afraid it might be showing something else. From our prior visit, she expected us to be in the PANDAS range.

nojo,

I'm wondering too, if she saw you in October, why couldn't she tell you over the phone what it was? did she mention anything at all? Did she prescribe anything at the time of the visit? perhaps she wants to see how your child is doing since then and see if the symptoms still kind of match these results? are the symptoms on the moderate or severe side? I'm guessing it will take some time to discuss options and she'd rather do it in person. I'm sure its nothing to worry about, she may just not have time to talk on the phone about it all.

Faith

Try speaking to Kathy at Dr Cunningham's office. She is really nice and might be able to fill you in on the results.

Also, call and talk to Andrea or Faith at Dr. L's office. Just ask them why she wants you to come up since you just saw her in October. We saw her in October and she wanted to see us again in two months (January). So it may just be normal scheduling for her. Also, someone on this board said she is not doing phone consultations anymore. But we just had one in November. I think that may be for new patients. But I would call and ask Andrea your questions. I have found them to be helpful. I don't know what else she would see on this test that would really alarm her. And if it was that serious, she would probably want to get the ball rolling. I would tend to think it is just normal procedure.

Whew, as far as I can tell the abnormal results are that we are in the PANDAS range. I called this morning and they wanted a follow up to discuss treatment options. I guess at this point I left our visit under the assumption that the test was just for additional confirmation, and b/c of immune issues we would be following up with a local immunologist, and we already had a plan of action in place to try. Additionally, Dr. Latimer would not release the results over the phone and I have to call Dr. Cunningham's lab for the results.