ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. Latimer

Has anyone been successful in getting in contact with Dr. Latimer? We went up there for an appointment on November 12th. She sent a letter to our pediatrician on November 17th stating she planned on prescribing a course of prednisone and f/u in a month. However, it is now November 30th and we still dont have a prescription for the prednisone. I have left numerous messages and I don't get a response. I don't know what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Has anyone been successful in getting in contact with Dr. Latimer? We went up there for an appointment on November 12th. She sent a letter to our pediatrician on November 17th stating she planned on prescribing a course of prednisone and f/u in a month. However, it is now November 30th and we still dont have a prescription for the prednisone. I have left numerous messages and I don't get a response. I don't know what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Call during the day until you get Andrea.

Call during the day until you get Andrea.

During a phone consult a month or so ago she changed our son from pen vk to augmentin and she said that she would mail the presciption. After I week I called and Andrea had it sitting in the computer waiting on a fax number for our pharmacy. I agree, call during the day until you get Andrea!

All I can say is that she stood me up twice for our initial phone consult so I had to move on to another doctor...we are much better now. My new doc talks to me every 2 weeks and we tweak his meds each time. Also, his nurse gets back to me within hours of any questions or requests. I know that Dr. Latimer is a wonderful doc but I don't know if all the aggravation I keep hearing about is worth it! This disease is too debillitating to have a doc you cannot depend on. Maybe you should consider working on plan B just in case you don't get anywhere with her. I don't mean to offend anyone...it's just that I waited for a long time to get with her and then she left me hanging...we were in a very bad place at the time. I was devastated to have to get on someone else's waiting list all over again. Just my 2 cents

:-)

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie:

I am glad that you are happy with your new doctors. I am curious as to what treatment you are currently doing for PANDAS right now?

Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

Well, we tried Zithromax for a few weeks, but his symptoms were waxing and waning b/c he was only getting 200 mg every 3 days. So the doc switched us to Pen VK, 375 mg per day (divided into three doses) and he seems to be doing great. However, as I stated in another post, he came home from school today a mess, so I'm not sure if he was exposed to strep or if it is b/c he missed his lunchtime dose...calling the doc tomorrow!

Stephanie

Hi,

I had similar problems but when I sent an email to her she answered within a few hours. Good luck I know its frustrating but if that doesn't work talk to Andrea sometimes she can call back between patients.

Deanna

I don't know if you have gotten in touch with her yet but I would second the response to call during the day and speak with Andrea or Faith. When I called the very first time to make an appointment, they told me she typically gets over 100 e-mails a day. I have sent e-mails that have been answered and others that have not. I had a phone consult with her that she called about three hours late... but she did call. I think she is just extremely busy. I am certainly not making excuses for her. I know how frustrating it is to have doctors that do not call back. Just wanted to add that I think her office staff does their best to try to stay on top of things.

I took everyone's advice and called Dr. Latimer's office AGAIN today and spoke with Andrea. However, I still don't have a rx for my son. She said she would give Dr. Latimer the message and talk to her after she finished seeing patients.(If she was still there) She also reminded me that Dr. Latimer keeps very long hours and has over 100 messages a day. I am beyond frusturated right now. I guess I do need to start workinig on a Plan B...in my opinion.....busy or not...this is totally unprofessional. I have another son that has a serious medical condition and we have over 10 different doctors involved in his care. Not ONCE have I left over 10 messages and not received a single call back. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

I have to agree it is very unprofessional. I am lucky that my son is doing ok at this point but there was a time that I went through the same things. I actually had to see on the 30th of October because she did not return any of my calls and had no choice but to go so she could answer my questions. I did tell her the difficlulty in getting a hold of her and she suggested a short email to the point and she realized she had not been timely in getting back to people. I am sorry you are going through this.

Deanna

That is exactly what I was thinking Vickie. I was going to TRY to suggest that to her when I see her next time in January. I know she is working very hard and trying to learn more and help educate other doctors. Plus she has a family. But it would be beneficial to her patients to be able to get feedback promptly. And then she could get to the other e-mails as she had time. I truly believe some of the ones that do not get responses just slip through the cracks.