ACN Latitudes Forums

Beth Maloney on Good Day LA today...

Also when the symptoms are mild it is easy to go down the wrong path. Perhaps ADHD, ASD, etc. Add that to incorrect information that is out there and we spent a year chasing the wrong issues. That is what is so scary to me when you have anyone that is not looking at the current research and the fact that every PANDAS presentation is unique!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also when the symptoms are mild it is easy to go down the wrong path. Perhaps ADHD, ASD, etc. Add that to incorrect information that is out there and we spent a year chasing the wrong issues. That is what is so scary to me when you have anyone that is not looking at the current research and the fact that every PANDAS presentation is unique!

But also, if you present severe at a young age- the dx of autism is likely applied.....then NOBODY will look at anything else!

I agree. that is also why I am excited about Latimer, Dr K and others speaking at that conference. I think the PANDAS community and autism community has a lot of similarities and we can really help each other.

When my son was 5 1/2, the psychiatrist said she had to do an autism screening based on what his "symptoms" were. He never showed signs of autism or Asperger's through infancy or toddlerhood. But since so many problems were present at once that warranted a screening. I know others on this forum have been told by someone (health care prof, school, etc) that their child showed signs of autism when it was actually PANDAS.

Currently, my son is well and the no one would ever think of labelling or needing to screen him for it.

But also, if you present severe at a young age- the dx of autism is likely applied.....then NOBODY will look at anything else!