ACN Latitudes Forums

Pomegranates?

guy123

On a whim I bought a pomegranate, ate a ton of the seeds one day (delicious, put them in a bowl in the fridge and then eat them with a spoon... yeah!) anyway I noticed my blinking tic was less intense than usual. Now when this happens I always ask myself "did I do anything different recently?" Same thing that I ask myself when I notice an increase or exacerbation. Anyway, the only thing that was different was a I ate a bunch of pomegranate seeds.

I took a day off and then tried again, same result.

It was probably just a coincidence (as I do randomly have good days and bad days even when no external factors/diet/sleep/etc changes), but does anyone know if there is anything beneficial in pomegranates? Magnesium or Vitamin B or any of the supps that people have claimed help tics? Or maybe something that binds with something bad?

I just bought another one the other day. I'm going to try this delicious experiment again.

If you prepare pomegranates, wear old clothes. The seeds stain like crazy.

I have a nutrition book that lists vitamins, minerals, aminos acids, that sort of thing, for various foods. Looking at it just that way, the pomegranate is not really remarkable or special at all. But, it could be anti-inflammatory and have high anti-oxidant value, and maybe it is something more like that as far as what you experienced. I heard it was thought of as a special food in some ethnic groups where the fruit has grown historically (not remembering where that is right now). Like to hear more if you try again or anyone else tries it.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...