ACN Latitudes Forums

Need Help With Insurance Codes for IVIG

I have read a few posts that list the insurance codes that were used for IVIG. I could kick myself for not writing them down. We see our immuno at UC Irvine on Monday and I wanted to talk to him about the codes. Actually also about the fact that we want him to do an IVIG for our son as soon as possible.

He did fail 6 of the 7 strep pneumo serotypes (strains). Also his IgG numbers are at the very bottom of the normal range on 2 subclasses and total number.

I tried to do a search on insurance codes on the forum to find where others have written about it and I still could not find it.

I am a little sad tonight... My son turns 12 tomorrow and he is slithering along the floor trying to avoid seeing his reflection in any mirror or window in house. If he sees himself he has to go through a whole slew of "OCD" words. His knees are all scraped up because my husband took him out with his sister for icecream last night and he crawled up the driveway. Oh, and they never made it to the icecream shop, he was too scared. My neighbor went on vacation to Kauai a couple of days back. Her husband called me from their 5 star luxury hotel to ask me if I would get their mail, pick up their paper and oh, yeah, the trash too. Oh sure, just call me Cinder-frickin-rella!

Meeeeee? Jealous???? No. Hey, I have an idea, maybe my son could just crawl over there and pick up their paper, yeah that's a good idea. I actually really like these neighbors, they are our friends and they are so loving to my son and our whole family and they would get our paper, mail and trash for us if we can ever go on vacation.... Sometimes I just feel sorry for myself, our son and our whole family. Then I snap out of it and keep going...

Anyway, if someone has the insurance codes that helped them get their IVIG covered that would help so much. I guess I need a 4 or 5 digit number procedure code and then another one that is a diagnosis code?

Have a good night...

Thanks, Judy...

Hi, Judy:

Here are the codes that Dr. K furnished us, valid for 2009 only. (The freaking insurance co's change the bloody codes every year, probably to make it harder for service providers to know which codes are covered. Grrrrrrrr....)

• Diagnosis code 279.30
  • Procedure codes:

for the 1st hour of IVIG

for each additional hour

• HCPCS code J1561 for Gamunex Ig

These were supposedly pre-approved by BCBS for us... but 5 months later, we still have not been reimbursed a penny. The claims are in "special processing" and they can't tell us how long it will take to complete them. Sigh... We had to pay up-front because the surgical center Dr. K uses is not in-network.

Hope you have better luck!

Judy,

lol, :blink:

well, I wish him a happy birthday. things will get better soon.

I was going to say that it didnt' look like the high dose augmentin was helping as much as you thought, but I see on another post that you took him off and now are on azith?

Faith

Hi Faith, I think it helped for a short period of time and then when we had the toot extractions things started to go way downhill again. We started back on azith a few days back and he is doing a little better, but still struggling quite a bit. Some really good things have been happening, but there is still severe ocd going on. I see Dr. Gupta, Immuno at UC Irvine tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the birthday wish!

Judy...

Judy,

lol, :lol:

well, I wish him a happy birthday. things will get better soon.

I was going to say that it didnt' look like the high dose augmentin was helping as much as you thought, but I see on another post that you took him off and now are on azith?

Faith

Judy, did you get the codes you needed? If not, please contact me with your phone number and I can find our paperwork and call you on the way to your appt. I do have them here but have to locate them.

As for the b-day...we just "celebrated" ours as well. It was horrible and completely depressing. Your post rings true with me. I hope today goes well for you!

I am a little sad tonight... My son turns 12 tomorrow and he is slithering along the floor trying to avoid seeing his reflection in any mirror or window in house. If he sees himself he has to go through a whole slew of "OCD" words. His knees are all scraped up because my husband took him out with his sister for icecream last night and he crawled up the driveway. Oh, and they never made it to the icecream shop, he was too scared. My neighbor went on vacation to Kauai a couple of days back. Her husband called me from their 5 star luxury hotel to ask me if I would get their mail, pick up their paper and oh, yeah, the trash too. Oh sure, just call me Cinder-frickin-rella!

Meeeeee? Jealous???? No. Hey, I have an idea, maybe my son could just crawl over there and pick up their paper, yeah that's a good idea. I actually really like these neighbors, they are our friends and they are so loving to my son and our whole family and they would get our paper, mail and trash for us if we can ever go on vacation.... Sometimes I just feel sorry for myself, our son and our whole family. Then I snap out of it and keep going...

Thanks, Judy...

Judy, I don't have any codes but I wanted to give you a big hug. Don't they know you can stop the paper and mail while on vacation? Especially the mail, it's so easy. My neighbors never stop their mail and always ask me to do it. I keep saying... "you know, it's so easy to stop your mail online....." LOL, it's one of my pet peeves!

My heart goes out to you and your family and all you are dealing with right now. Please keep us posted on what you learn from your immunologist.

Susan

Thank you so much, I was able to get many codes. I am bringing them all. Thanks for the kind note. I can tell that you can relate! I'll keep everyone posted...

Thanks,

Judy...

Judy, did you get the codes you needed? If not, please contact me with your phone number and I can find our paperwork and call you on the way to your appt. I do have them here but have to locate them.

As for the b-day...we just "celebrated" ours as well. It was horrible and completely depressing. Your post rings true with me. I hope today goes well for you!