ACN Latitudes Forums

Bonnie Grimaldi supplements

chap

Hi there

was wondering if anyone can help?

My seven year old is currently experiencing extreme tics including hitting herself and constant vocals.

I have given her some of the above supplements today but was wondering if anyone can tell me how long they take to kick in.

The info on the packet says she should be taking between 10-14 capsules per day (for her bodyweight) but she is only able to take two at the moment.

Also, she kicks up a huge stink about taking any form of meds, anyone had a brilliant incentive to get their kids on board??

thanks

Hi Chap

Bonnie's supps will only really be fully effective if taken in the dose recommended

some parents have found that opening them up and mixing in apple sauce or in a fruit smoothie helps to get them in

hopefully once she feels their benefit, it will be easier to get her to take them

usually allow about 2 weeks to see results

I started my 10 year old on these supplements and within a few days he was doing great. I logged the progress for the first few weeks and couldn't believe the results. We started him on 8/9 and by the 1st day of 5th grade (8/13) his tics were well under control. The 2nd day of school the teacher wrote us a note saying he was doing AWESOME. This was a miracle to us and we have been on the supplements ever since. Prior to starting the supplements my son suffered from echolalia and corpolalia quite a bit. We were honestly (for the 1st time) unsure how we would survive in a school setting. We have never had to give him as many supplements as the recommended dose (I think he would have to do 20). We used up to 14 for awhile and now have backed down to 9-10 a day. I can't explain enough what a difference maker they have been.

I hope they work well for you too!! :blink:

I started my 10 year old on these supplements and within a few days he was doing great. I logged the progress for the first few weeks and couldn't believe the results. We started him on 8/9 and by the 1st day of 5th grade (8/13) his tics were well under control. The 2nd day of school the teacher wrote us a note saying he was doing AWESOME. This was a miracle to us and we have been on the supplements ever since. Prior to starting the supplements my son suffered from echolalia and corpolalia quite a bit. We were honestly (for the 1st time) unsure how we would survive in a school setting. We have never had to give him as many supplements as the recommended dose (I think he would have to do 20). We used up to 14 for awhile and now have backed down to 9-10 a day. I can't explain enough what a difference maker they have been.

I hope they work well for you too!! :lol:

thanks for your feedback. i have her up to four a day now (although the packet says it should be 10-14 for her age and bodyweight) but dont think I will be able to get her any higher as any kind of supplementation seems to give her cramps and frequent trips to the toilet....so its encouraging to know he has improved with the lower dose. Do you give him anything else?:lol:

I hope they work well for you too!! :blink:

thanks for your feedback. i have her up to four a day now (although the packet says it should be 10-14 for her age and bodyweight) but dont think I will be able to get her any higher as any kind of supplementation seems to give her cramps and frequent trips to the toilet....so its encouraging to know he has improved with the lower dose. Do you give him anything else?:lol:

He was taking the TS PLUS mag taurate additional supplement 1 of those w/ each meal too. We just stopped giving those this week b/c we ran out. So, for now he just takes the TS PLUS Control (9-10/day).

So hes been on them since August? Its great hes doing so well.

Does he still have some tics?

We are up to five now.....

He has some tics, but they are few and far between. Most people would never know now that he has TS (now). I'm aware of triggers for my son. Going into stores or new places--always has a few vocals before we walk through the door, then he is fine. Video games (mostly Gameboy handheld and playstation) were big triggers. He no longer can play those. He is more of a vocal tic kid now, although in his past we went through all the motor tics. He has some things on occasion when we are watching TV or relaxing where he wants to jerk his head or sniff his fingers. Again, relatively mild situations considering as many as we've seen. He is a good student, well liked, and is quite an athlete. TS has not slowed him down and can talk to it with his friends if needed. Don't get me wrong...he's had his setbacks socially, but we've addressed each one head on. My husband and I presented to our elem. school last year and this helped so much when things were beginning to get noticeable. Now kids and teachers know it is who he is, but with the TS Control vitamins helping so much, 5th grade has been really without issue. Counting my blessings this holiday! When I had to say what i was thankful for yesterday with my co-workers, I picked this Forum. Without all the help from other mothers forging the way to heal their kids naturally, we would not be where we are today. I feel blessed!

Hello!

My son has been on TS-Plus for several years. He is on other vitamins as well but I can tell you it has been a HUGE factor in helping him. I am so thankful for them. But I will say it took a while to build up in his system and when he eats foods that bother his tics (MSG, high fructose corn syrup, food dyes) then if he consumes enough the tics come back but we always get them back under control. I think the main things in the vitamins that help him the most is the B6 and the Magnesium Taurate.

By the way, the first year and a half he could not swallow the pills. So I mixed it in peanut butter. It was the ONLY thing I could get him to take it in that would hide the flavor. Unfortunately the B vitamins in it make it very hard to disguise the flavor. I found that if I mixed it in peanut butter, not too much because then it takes forever to get it down, and then we sprinkled a little bit of raw sugar on the "peanut butter balls" he could get them down. After a year and half of this, I finally convinced him to swallow the little balls with out chewing. Once he got that down, they were fairly small little pieces for him to swallow, he got confident and swallowed the pills whole. What a day that was. I think that was one of the best days of my life !!!!

Carolyn

thanks ladies

That encourages me to persevere with them, alhough there is no improvement so far!

Still, we are not quite up to the reccommended dose yet. It is a big issue for me to get my daughter to take them, she can swallow them fine, its more of an attitude thing. Bribery has got us through so far, I only hope that she starts to see some positive effects shortly, to keep her motivated!