ACN Latitudes Forums

magnesium

Darla

I was told that liquid form magnesium is the best form to be absorbed, however, it tastes horrible. Does anyone have any suggestions to get my son who is nine to take it? Also, I am trying Betaine HCI tablets (hydrochloric acid) to help his digestive system, but the form of tablet is to tough for him to swallow. Do they sell these for kids to take, maybe I'll purchase them if so??

thanks

Hi Darla

have you tried the Kids Calm or regular Natural Calm versions? it's mag citrate powder that you mix in warm or cold water to create a fizzy drink. My son loves the Natural Calm raspberry flavor

the ionic form of the magnesium also gets its effect going quickly. My son takes it at night and it also relaxes and promotes good sleep.

we get ours cheapest at iherb.com

I buy a few different liquid cal/mag supplements. One is from Lifetime vitamins and is a cal/mag citrate supplement. The only thing you need to watch with these is the other 'stuff' they put in there. Sorbitol, dextrose, etc. So, if you are doing any elimination diets, you'd want to read the labels carefully. We used to do the Natural Calm but found he liked the liquids better. I think there were more flavor choices, LOL!

B

I was told that liquid form magnesium is the best form to be absorbed, however, it tastes horrible. Does anyone have any suggestions to get my son who is nine to take it? Also, I am trying Betaine HCI tablets (hydrochloric acid) to help his digestive system, but the form of tablet is to tough for him to swallow. Do they sell these for kids to take, maybe I'll purchase them if so??

thanks

Hello!

I use a liquid magnesium and I put 1 TSP of it in his drinkable yogurt. If I put more than 1 TSP he can taste it, otherwise he does NOT taste it and it works great. Then when he gets home from school I will give him another drinkable yogurt (I buy DanActive) with another TSP. It works for us. My son is 7 yrs old.

If you do Epsom salt baths as well, I found a site where you can buy it in bulk: https://www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=675

.... it is a little cheaper.

Take care

Giulia